Qualities you look for in a restaurant/dining establishment

Irvinecommuter

Looking through Yelp recently and I noticed a lot of comments as to service.  People seem to be putting a lot of emphasis on service...even for buffets and Chinese restaurants (where service is traditionally sketchy).  I am curious to see what people look for in a dining establishment.  I would do a poll but I don't think it's a one choice answer.

For me, food quality is most important, followed by price (often go hand in hand with food quality), cleanliness of restaurant/establishment, and then service.  I don't really care that much about service as long as I get my food and the wait staff is semi-responsive.

The food is the most important to me. Like you, it goes hand in hand with price. Service isn't as important to me unless they really really really drop the ball.
It's funny reading some Yelp reviews where they say the food is delicious but service sucks, so...1 star.  :eek: :eek: :eek:
These people wouldn't be able to survive in Hong Kong.

Irvinecommuter, are you opening up a place?! If so, a HK style cafe with good food is what I like!

happytales said:
The food is the most important to me. Like you, it goes hand in hand with price. Service isn't as important to me unless they really really really drop the ball.
It's funny reading some Yelp reviews where they say the food is delicious but service sucks, so...1 star.  :eek: :eek: :eek:
These people wouldn't be able to survive in Hong Kong.

Irvinecommuter, are you opening up a place?! If so, a HK style cafe with good food is what I like!

I wish...all I need to experience, capital, time, and know-how.

Back