Avalon at Eastwood

MYOB

Irvine Pacific (fee-built by the New Home Company)
156 Single-Story Flats
1,161 to 1,463 square feet
2 Bedrooms, 2 Bathrooms
Opening 2016 (Model Construction Begins Now)

Similar to Santa Clara.

mr7ed1.jpg

tentfox said:
What does it mean by fee-built by the New Home Company?

The New home company does the construction of the entire house under a cost plus contract with the Irvine company. Typically costs plus an 8-9% profit rate.

They've released the first three phases.

Base property tax: 1.05%
AD tax: $950 / year
CFD tax: $1,700 / year
Other taxes: $164 / year
Overall effective tax rate: ~1.5%
Eastwood HOA: $125 / month
Avalon HOA: $152 / month

USCTrojanCPA said:
ChasingRainbows said:

Already hitting MLS?  Yikes, that's not a good size.  But then again 2-bedroom attached condos for $600k?  DOUBLE YIKES!!!

All new construction listings hit MLS now, regardless of how well it's selling. Changed a few months ago I believe?

Released 5 Phases - 33 total homes, 23 sold and 10 available. 6 of those 10 are Plan 3 - in fact for Phases 1-4 all plans 1 and 2 have sold but only 5 out of 9 plan 3 have.

Attachments

• Avalon Availability.jpg
    Avalon Availability.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 667
  • Avalon Pricing.jpg
    Avalon Pricing.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 643
  • Avalon Site.jpg
    Avalon Site.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 562
acf said:
Why do you think plan 3's are not selling as well?

Three plan 3's still listed as quick move-in's on Irvine Pacific website. Plan is not selling well because potential buyers don't like the price, the floor plan, or a wide variety of other things. In other words...who knows?

Stopped by this past weekend and checked out the models. Sales seem to be brisk, currently in Phase 17 of 21 (maybe 22, don't remember). I wasn't a fan of the Plan 2 and 3 as all living space is on the 2nd floor. Can't imagine lugging groceries, boxes, etc up that flight of stairs, even though it's good exercises. The Plan 1 is small, but probably the best as it's single level and it's a fairly open floor plan.

That brings me to my question: how much in upgrades does one usually put in an attached condo? What would a moderate package cost, such as an upgraded kitchen (quartz countertops and full splash) and wood floors? From a practical standpoint, even considering inflated builder costs - it can't be smart to put more than $25k in a sub 1k sq ft attached condo, right? (even that may be generous...)

The major upgrades items are kitchen counter top/backsplash ($3k-$5k), master bathroom counter top/ shower tiles ($3k-$5k+) and the flooring (hardwood in first floor/carpets upstairs, $10k-$15k with outside contractors or $15k - $20k+ with the builder for Avalon size of home)

As you can see, It can easily reach over $20k.  You can always take the free standard flooring first and upgrades some time down the road.  But for countertops and shower tiles, it's is cheaper, easier to do it through the builder and cover under warranty.  If you are budgeting, at least do these through the builder.

best_potsticker_in_town said:
Stopped by this past weekend and checked out the models. Sales seem to be brisk, currently in Phase 17 of 21 (maybe 22, don't remember). I wasn't a fan of the Plan 2 and 3 as all living space is on the 2nd floor. Can't imagine lugging groceries, boxes, etc up that flight of stairs, even though it's good exercises. The Plan 1 is small, but probably the best as it's single level and it's a fairly open floor plan.

That brings me to my question: how much in upgrades does one usually put in an attached condo? What would a moderate package cost, such as an upgraded kitchen (quartz countertops and full splash) and wood floors? From a practical standpoint, even considering inflated builder costs - it can't be smart to put more than $25k in a sub 1k sq ft attached condo, right? (even that may be generous...)

Are you going to rent or live there?

I'm on the sidelines now, but if I were to buy, I'd live in it. I would be comfortable with spending for high value items such as upgraded kitchen and flooring, maybe bathrooms too. But, I wouldn't go fully loaded.

I don't love that the units border Irvine Blvd and are small. But, the macro view is I like Eastwood's proximity to commerce and even if I rent it, I imagine I could get close to break even on PITI + HOA (w/ 30%-40% down).

My design center upgrades cost 25k for pretty basic things (kitchen + bathroom + insulation + recessed lights). This is for a 1600sq ft condo.

DrTravel said:
acf said:

Three plan 3's still listed as quick move-in's on Irvine Pacific website. Plan is not selling well because potential buyers don't like the price, the floor plan, or a wide variety of other things. In other words...who knows?

I personally liked plan 3 the best.  You walk up the stairs and are greeted with that huge balcony that flows well from the great room. The kitchen was also the most impressive.  Yes, the bedrooms are adjacent which isn't ideal but I think the tech space is a nice use of flex space that's off by the kitchen.  And of course, the only corner units are plan 3s, you won't have a neighbor on one side of you and more windows in the great room area.

Maybe I'm in the minority?

abosch00 said:
DrTravel said:
acf said:

I personally liked plan 3 the best.  You walk up the stairs and are greeted with that huge balcony that flows well from the great room. The kitchen was also the most impressive.  Yes, the bedrooms are adjacent which isn't ideal but I think the tech space is a nice use of flex space that's off by the kitchen.  And of course, the only corner units are plan 3s, you won't have a neighbor on one side of you and more windows in the great room area.

Maybe I'm in the minority?

eh, personally, I hate opening the front door and just seeing an entry hallway and stairs. Its claustrophobic.

Back