Assessment Scores Rank IUSD Highest in County

Was just about to post this.  If accurate, this shows the balance of IUSD.  Tustin is about the average for OC...Anaheim Union is way down their despite having one of the best HS in the country.

Irvinecommuter said:
Was just about to post this.  If accurate, this shows the balance of IUSD.  Tustin is about the average for OC...Anaheim Union is way down their despite having one of the best HS in the country.

There is entrance examination for Oxford Academy. Usually high schools with special admissions will outperform others in API.

kiki said:
Irvinecommuter said:

There is entrance examination for Oxford Academy. Usually high schools with special admissions will outperform others in API.

The entrance exam is basically to make sure that the school gets the best of the district.  Magnet schools are basically a way for not-so-good school districts to tout some level of success.

Scores of some high schools' 11th grade:

Oxford Academy  English 97 Math 96
Troy high: 89 78
Whitney high: 98 98 (WOW)
Uni High: 74 68
Northwood High: 86 78
Woodbridge: 79 66
Irvine: 68 56

I bet if you compare the scores of whitneys graduating class of 165 and northwood's best and brightest 165, the results would narrow significantly.

bones said:
I bet if you compare the scores of whitneys graduating class of 165 and northwood's best and brightest 165, the results would narrow significantly.

What a homer! I expect this kind of shit from IHO, your drinking the koolaid bones!

qwerty said:
bones said:

What a homer! I expect this kind of shit from IHO, your drinking the koolaid bones!

Ack!  I can't help it. I think the koolaid is part of the GP "contaminants".  I would make you feel better and substitute A TUSD school in for Northwood but then I wouldn't be 100% honest here and we all know it's all about honesty on TI!

qwerty said:
bones said:

Don't hate on the truth.

Think of Whitney as the IUSD of Cerritos.

If you compare the entire ABCUSD vs IUSD, you will see a big disparity.

The best bet for your kid when she starts going to school is for you to move to San Diego and the Poway School District. :)

irvinehomeowner said:
qwerty said:
bones said:

Don't hate on the truth.

The best bet for your kid when she starts going to school is for you to move to San Diego and the Poway School District. :)

I'll take my chances with heritage elementary/TUSD. If she is inherently smart she will do well regardless of school. Plenty of folks here on ti didn't attend iusd and it seems most are pretty successful.

But what about the ghetto/safety factor? :)

Speaking of, is it just me but since it's been really hot, when I'm driving down Jamboree near Greenwood, I smell the WM trash facility?

That and the concrete crushing factory gave me second thoughts about buying in Columbus Grove/Square.

irvinehomeowner said:
But what about the ghetto/safety factor? :)

Speaking of, is it just me but since it's been really hot, when I'm driving down Jamboree near Greenwood, I smell the WM trash facility?

That and the concrete crushing factory gave me second thoughts about buying in Columbus Grove/Square.
I don't think there will be a safety issue. It will be populated by legacy kids and other kids that are interested in stem.

I drove down jamboree at 7pm and it was still very hot. I had the AC in the car so perhaps I didn't smell anything. While at the district though I didn't smell anything.

You're a qwerxican... smells and noise don't bother you.

:) :) :)

Wasn't there a TI member who was complaining about the ghetto issues in Columbus Square?

Ghetto parents = ghetto kids

#justsayin

My nieces and nephew were going to elementary school in the Poway school district some years back.  I still remember being surprised at the advanced work they were doing for their grades.  They were stressing about the possibility of being put in some new advanced middle school back then. They moved up to WA state and they were so happy because it was so much easier.

irvinehomeowner said:

irvinehomeowner said:
You're a qwerxican... smells and noise don't bother you.

:) :) :)

Wasn't there a TI member who was complaining about the ghetto issues in Columbus Square?

Ghetto parents = ghetto kids

#justsayin

Well I can't argue with the smells and noises. I do eat Taco Bell that has been left out in the counter for hours on end.

I do t recall a ti member complaining about ghetto people/parents in Columbus's square but I could be wrong. Although it's getting more and more Asian so u might be right :)

qwerty said:
irvinehomeowner said:
qwerty said:
bones said:

Don't hate on the truth.

I'll take my chances with heritage elementary/TUSD. If she is inherently smart she will do well regardless of school. Plenty of folks here on ti didn't attend iusd and it seems most are pretty successful.

I think that's true if we are talking any school district that is at average and relatively safe.  The discussion point has more to do with the district's overall excellence and it's reputation.  Those things help attract future excellence and help with real estate prices.

kiki said:

Woodbridge HS is better than Uni and just below Northwood.

Is it a surprise or the norm?

quizzer said:
kiki said:

Woodbridge HS is better than Uni and just below Northwood.

Is it a surprise or the norm?

The overall score for Uni was negatively affected by a disgruntled Uni teacher.
Long story short, Uni teachers were told that there would be no standardized testing that year, so when this new test was brought up last minute a certain teacher instructed her students to opt out of taking the exam.  It was the teacher's last year anyways so she had nothing to lose and refused to lose instructional time for another standardized test.  So all of the students who opted out received a zero and as a result lowered the school's average.  So yes, the score is a surprise and definitely not the norm.

Ranking exams are tough as well as includes slashed scoring. There are so many LSAT Courses online and getting enrollment under the best one is needed urgently. Want to prepare very well leaving no space for failure and confusions. Saw positive reviews on one of the online tutorials given by the students for their amazing teachings and guiding material.

How convenient it is for teachers' unions to take credit for high test scores.
But what do they do on the other extreme is blame the lower class students.  Take Santa Ana School District, for example.

I have news for the teachers' unions.  It's the kids, and their parents.  More money has been doled out for four decades, and all it has gotten us is lower test overall test scores and far higher teachers' salaries and retirement packages.  So now what do they want?  As always, more money.  It's never enough.

Back