We do what we were told

Need to vent, not trying to hurt anyone?s feelings, after one year in IUSD, one year in US, it?s just unbelievable how the individuals that we came a cross with in different subjects  (can be teachers, secretaries, service provides, etc?) ? are following so closely ?by the book?, there is no room for some open mind, different opinion,  a judgment call?..everyone seems to be scared to think, to express their own opinion.
They follow the rules , they do what they were told to do?no creativity, no room to handle specific situation.
Innovation, thinking differently, creativity?.maybe just a small percent have this privilege, all of that from an observation of one year?the future is not shining.

curious george said:
Need to vent, not trying to hurt anyone?s feelings, after one year in IUSD, one year in US, it?s just unbelievable how the individuals that we came a cross with in different subjects  (can be teachers, secretaries, service provides, etc?) ? are following so closely ?by the book?, there is no room for some open mind, different opinion,  a judgment call?..everyone seems to be scared to think, to express their own opinion.
They follow the rules , they do what they were told to do?no creativity, no room to handle specific situation.
Innovation, thinking differently, creativity?.maybe just a small percent have this privilege, all of that from an observation of one year?the future is not shining.

Who told you this?

eyephone said:
curious george said:

Who told you this?

IHS.

It depends what creativity you want and what Rules they are following.

HOAs if they're smart are stringent because being lax leads to greater problems enforcing even reasonable measures.

Schools have many items they are particularly limited on by law and even more on in order to prevent the tsunami of special treatment.

It's also all complicated by the mix of cultures and differing attitudes towards bakheesh further complicated by strong government worker unions.

curious george said:

You are going to need to be more specific to elicit sympathy.  IUSD having been blasted for using Common Core strategies that are not the "norm" for most parents.

nosuchreality said:

HOAs if they're smart are stringent because being lax leads to greater problems enforcing even reasonable measures.

Schools have many items they are particularly limited on by law and even more on in order to prevent the tsunami of special treatment.

It's also all complicated by the mix of cultures and differing attitudes towards bakheesh further complicated by strong government worker unions.

Baksheesh for IUSD teachers?  Next thing you know, I'll have Indian transsexual gypsies knocking at my door threatening to curse me unless I bribe them to go away.

#IrvineHijra

WTTCHMN said:
nosuchreality said:

Baksheesh for IUSD teachers?  Next thing you know, I'll have Indian transsexual gypsies knocking at my door threatening to curse me unless I bribe them to go away.

#IrvineHijra

It wasn't that long ago when an Asian couple sued IUSD for being made to give bribes to teachers for their son's education.
http://articles.latimes.com/2006/nov/17/local/me-gifts17
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/district-58355-education-jonathan.html

Back