3 ? 5 Bedrooms, 3 ? Baths
2-Car Private Garage and 1 Guest Space

Jewel
Luxury Family Homes
Three-Story Detached Residences
Approx. 4,286 ? 4,636 Sq. Ft.
4 ? 6 Bedrooms, 4 Full + 1 Half ? 5 Full + 2 Half Baths
2-Car Private Garage and 1 Guest Space

They originally priced Everly at the mid to high $1 millions, Marlowe at the low $2 millions, and Jewel at the mid to high $2 millions. These prices seemed crazy when you consider that all of them are tri-level detached condos with no driveways, many backing to major streets. But I still signed up for the interest list...

Now, Everly's prices soared to the mid $2 millions, Marlowe to the high $2 millions, and Jewel to the mid $3 millions.

I am shocked that prices are this high. Back in 2011, I could have bought a larger Marlowe-type home with a 3-car wide garage by Lennar for $1.1 million (even with mello-roos, it still doesn't justify the current price). Just last year, two-story Marlowe-type homes away from large streets were going for the high $1 millions and had no mello-roos. But $3 million???

Similarly, Camden 1600 sq. ft. flats sandwiched on the third floor on a four-story building with shared lobbies and $600/mo. HOA went from $900K a year ago to mid $1 million now. The slightly larger KB Home flats went from $1M to $2.1 million. Both are surrounded by 5-story Irvine Co. apartments. In fact, the attached housing is so dense that there's no sunlight when you walk there. The Runway apartments which just opened are expected to lease over 100 units in just nine weeks or so.

Our family is banging our heads at why we didn't buy 4 years ago. Then, we could buy a 3600 sf brand new detached home with a 3-car wide garage. Now, we can only buy a cramped 1600 sf flat with $600/mo. HOA. Even that has ferocious competition...

Any suggestions here? Thanks!

Back