Impact of china meltdown

Elan said:
Shanghai Market is still going down today.
Almost 40 % down this year.

Down 40% this year?  Ummm, you sure you are reading the right chart...it just went negative for the year tonight.  It ran up about 100% back in June/July.

Nope...tons of money in China...Chinese government is planning to print a lot more. 

Shanghai stock market is a mirage anyways....Central government has a great deal of control.  The instability is actually a political fight between Reformers (headed by Xi Jinping) and Conservatives.  Xi wants transition the Chinese economy while others want to keep it the way it is.  Also, Xi's corruption crackdown have hurt a lot of his political enemies.

hello said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Nope.

Irvine always rebounds.

#NotAnExpert

be cautious of when people use absolutes like "never" or "always"
Like I said, not an expert.

People will always die.

People will never live forever.

Irvine prices will always go back up, never stay down.

If you can counter any of those... you are an expert.

I don't think the devaluation of Chinese currency will have an effect  either.

But the China slowdown, stock crash scare the bejesus out of the Wall Street.

china-risk.png

irvinehomeowner said:
hello said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Nope.

Irvine always rebounds.

#NotAnExpert

be cautious of when people use absolutes like "never" or "always"
Like I said, not an expert.

People will always die.

People will never live forever.

Irvine prices will always go back up, never stay down.

If you can counter any of those... you are an expert.

no one will deny that there are some certainties in life like the proverbial "death and taxes" but to speculate in such a way bullish way on a price of any asset is foolish.  Sure Irvine prices have been great.  But what evidence do you have that this can continue forever as you suggest?  There is none.  The point is no one knows.  YOu dont need to be an "expert" to knows this.  Thus my point is to be CAUTIOUS with any absolutes and not that I believe irvine prices will fall.  If you are so sure of your claim, then I would expect that you have ALL of your money where your mouth is... 

According to this article, you can rest assured that Irvine housing boom will continue.

Stocks crash to push more China cash into global real estate

HONG KONG (CNNMoney) -
A wall of Chinese money is heading for global real estate as local investors look for alternatives to the country's crashing stock markets.

Chinese buyers have already spent billions in the U.S., UK and Australia, causing property prices to rise -- and experts say much more cash is on its way.

The latest triggers: Chinese stocks have crashed 40% since June, wiping away trillions of dollars in market value; and Beijing surprised investors by allowing the yuan -- or renminbi -- to fall sharply last month.

Chinese are starting to "think money in the bank is not safe -- it won't gain any value if the renminbi is still devaluing," said David Ji of Knight Frank, an international real estate agency. "So people will look to real estate as a more solid investment channel."

8porkchop said:
They can buy here all they want and drive up my home value as long as they keep their bad manners and bad driving over seas.

Do you think the ESL will drive down/water down the schools?

Back