Rosemont by K. Hovanian Homes at Beacon Park

ps99472

Old LONL here

Builder's Link:
K.Hov
Fivepoint

Pricing Info:
Plan 1 (Lotus) $1,117,940 (1,902 sq ft) single story
Plan 2 (Orchid) $1,178,990 (2,544 sq ft)
Plan 3 (Peony) $1,309,080 (3,032 sq ft)

Mello-Roos Info:
Beacon%20Park%20Mello-Roos_zpsrnypzjcf.jpg

Site Map:
Rosemont%20site%20map_zpsird9hbrh.jpg

rosemont_zps2upjhygp.jpg

3b52ff67-71b2-40a1-a51f-aafa7cbf2007_zpsfyeb2nin.jpg

So many homes so little time.  I probably won't have time to visit these, the plan 3 would be the only one I would be interested in.  But if the starting price is accurate, Juniper is a better deal at $400/sq ft and again the annoying bump in mello tier when you opt for the prep kitchen.  A good portion of these homes back Ridge Valley and Irvine Blvd.  The cul-de-sac at the end of Straw has too many homes.  Ideal CDS maybe 4 homes, max 6.  Maybe K.Hov got greedy and stuck a home at the end tip of the CDS? 

Largest (Peony) is starting at $432 / sqft, which is average for Irvine, however, the one story (lotus) is starting from $588/sqft  :eek:

Saw these today, looks like 2 plan 2's from phase 1 are sold, plan 1 and 3 still available.  They're starting phase 2 either today or tomorrow. 

Plan 3 was just ok, but not as good as the Oakmont 3 with the mini 'O' floor plan.  I do like the master bath though, pretty functional setup without going overboard with shower size or sink counter space.  Model was decorated nicely, especially the plan 1 single story.  12' ceilings were impressive, I can definitely see myself in one of these, but in about 20 years. 

The plan 2 was bleh, the entrance effect is still too abrupt like Oakmonts '2 steps and in the kitchen' feel.  At least Rosemont has a high ceiling entrance.  So far both 2,500 sq ft true single family homes were disappointing. 

ps9 said:
So far both 2,500 sq ft true single family homes were disappointing.
Wished you had two more hands and give them a 4 thumbs down
"Rick James"
Haha

image_zpstt6odaej.jpg

Doesn't do it justice but the single story Rosemont actually impressed me.  Love the 12 foot ceiling.  They should make 12 foot ceilings in 2 story homes as well, I don't mind climbing a couple extra stairs :)

Updated Rosemont pricing and sales

Attachments

• Rosemont 1.pdf
    378 KB · Views: 188
  • Rosemont 2.pdf
    435 KB · Views: 143
  • Rosemont.jpg
    Rosemont.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 367
Looks like prices already started dropping from the original posted prices.  I wonder what pre-plotted options have been included.

woodburyowner said:
Looks like prices already started dropping from the original posted prices.  I wonder what pre-plotted options have been included.

Prices haven't dropped yet - For the single story homes these are the prices - Lot 2 was the only one included in the original posted prices.
Lot 2 $1,120,920 5,474 sf lot (currently in the MLS)
Lot 24 $1,120,540 6,219 sf lot
Lot 27 $1,131,040 6,547 sf lot
Lot 67 $1,100,730 4,653 sf lot
Lot 70 $1,052,630 4,653 sf lot (on the dreaded T-Intersection)

Don't believe any builder has dropped prices - my daughter visited one of the condos and the salesperson actually told her that sales weren't good, however they raised the prices in the second phase.

Did they really sell only one home (lot 24) in more then 2 months (based on the initial site map from Aug. 16) based on the current site map as of today (below) ?  Really getting serious.

Attachments

• Rosemont Sitemap.png
    Rosemont Sitemap.png
    245.7 KB · Views: 338
Goriot said:
Did they really sell only one home (lot 24) in more then 2 months (based on the initial site map from Aug. 16) based on the current site map as of today (below) ?  Really getting serious.

That's probably close to accurate.  KHov website shows 9 quick move ins with addresses + prices.

Market isn't helping them out as the $1m+ market is slowing down.  I'd expect price cuts in the next few months if they don't start moving homes soon.

That's probably close to accurate.  KHov website shows 9 quick move ins with addresses + prices.

Now they show 13 quick move ins! Whoever priced these and the construction scheduler need to be fired!

Whoever picked the bathrooms....

Subway tiles are ok as a backsplash, or even shower wall, but look cheap around a bathtub.

If you pick brown cabs for the bathroom please don't pick piss color countertops.

Why is the built in micro so small?  Looks wacky with the huge frame around it. 

This is phase 1? 

USCTrojanCPA said:
Irvine Dream said:

And now there is blood in the water....I hope all of your perspective buyers understand that you are in a position of power...use that power accordingly.  As the standing inventory piles up, expect more price drops and other incentives to move built homes.

It is just gonna get worse and worse from here on out...  (I guess I should say better and better for the buyers)

If this continues, it will keep a cap on prices and put pressure on resale prices and the ability to even resell homes.

Reminds me of 1989 to early 90's.

Builders just kept building and there ended up being way too much supply.

Even after the drop its still $433/sq ft?
The SG homes now on sale is closer to $400 with lower MR?
Wonder how EW will set their prices...

ps9 said:
Whoever picked the bathrooms....

Subway tiles are ok as a backsplash, or even shower wall, but look cheap around a bathtub.

If you pick brown cabs for the bathroom please don't pick piss color countertops.

Why is the built in micro so small?  Looks wacky with the huge frame around it. 

This is phase 1?

Thats not a true built in Micro - its a counter top micro that has option to place in built in cabinet with framing.

From the pics it looks like the builder used sub-par materials, then cut the price to make it look like a deal.

Back