Legend by Ryland Homes at Beacon Park

ps99472

Original LONL thread:  www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,13069.msg260797.html#msg260797

Builder's Link:http://www.ryland.com/find-your-new-home/21-southern-california/7521-legend-at-beacon-park.htmlhttp://www.greatparkneighborhoods.com/homes/legend

Pricing Info:
Plan 1 4,337 sq ft - $1,500,000+
Plan 2 4,408 sq ft - $1,700,000+
Plan 3 4,587 sq ft - $1,850,000+

Mello Roos:
Beacon%20Park%20Mello-Roos_zpsrnypzjcf.jpg

Site Map:
ryland_zpstgyhgfkt.jpg

image_zpshx4hwq3k.jpg

The biggest homes in BP, these are sandwiched between Silvermist homes and Juniper homes.  If you opt for the flex room/prep kitchen/craft room over the garage storage in the plan 3....Congratulations, you are now the highest payer of Mello-Roos for a new Irvine home.  That's $14,105 per year subject to a 2% increase compounded annually.  At year 10, it will be $17,194 per year. 

Ryland still does not have floorplans up at their site, weird.  You can find the floorplans from JLin's post in the old LONL thread or go to fivepoints greatparkneighborhood site I linked above for floorplans.  Amelia and maybe the last plan 2x Sausalito on 61 Interlude are the only competition for these tract mansion homes. 

In homes like this I really expect a huge great room, I mean ginormous with 15 or 20 ft ceilings.  Like ballroom type greatness.  Like when your friends walk into your house, down the hall and into the great room they say "wow this is amazing"... Then I look at the floorplans and all the great rooms are just normal looking rectangles like any other house - half kitchen, half TV/gathering room.

I guess it's subjective, but these are just sliced up too much for me to justify the price (not like I'm shopping for a $2M house with $20k mello or anything).  Besides having nice decor and maybe a big lot with $150k landscaping, I don't see the wow factor.

aquabliss said:
In homes like this I really expect a huge great room, I mean ginormous with 15 or 20 ft ceilings.  Like ballroom type greatness.  Like when your friends walk into your house, down the hall and into the great room they say "wow this is amazing"... Then I look at the floorplans and all the great rooms are just normal looking rectangles like any other house - half kitchen, half TV/gathering room.

I guess it's subjective, but these are just sliced up too much for me to justify the price (not like I'm shopping for a $2M house with $20k mello or anything).  Besides having nice decor and maybe a big lot with $150k landscaping, I don't see the wow factor.
If you want wow factor, you need Toll Bros, not this place.  Some of Tolls plans have barreled ceilings, just like the Sistine Chapel.  When your guests walk in to your home, they will say "Damm Ronnie, you livin' like the Pope!"

Changing the URL in that coupon will haunt me forever with that Ronnie thing. 

Barreled ceiling is OK but even if its flat or vaulted, just give me a huge area where I can entertain 20 guests and they all have their own space.

If it's a 4,500 sq ft house, just make it 3 bedroom + casita + huge great room/kitchen area, that should suffice.  All these mud rooms, extra bathrooms, and mini lofts are taking too much space. 

Interesting time of the year for a grand home opening. How do you think sales will fair for such large/expensive home at BP?

iacrenter said:
Interesting time of the year for a grand home opening. How do you think sales will fair for such large/expensive home at BP?

Since they were out of my price range I didn't keep that good track of Ryland's PP houses but I believe they had a tough time selling from the start to finish, but then again they sold them all.  These  BP large houses also will finally sell one way or the other.

Grand opening tomorrow and other builders drop prices, great timing CalAtl, let's see if you sell any homes opening month.

ps9 said:
Grand opening tomorrow and other builders drop prices, great timing CalAtl, let's see if you sell any homes opening month.

These guys will fail terribly like other BP builders.  They should have learned from the other builders' failures yet they still choose to price their homes with WTF pricing.  For 1.8M there are MANY MANY other places where id buy over this build.  These builders need to get real.  Stupid Chinese money has dried up... get with the program and start pricing reasonably or you will fail like the others.  Thank you and have a nice day.

Not too many people at the grand opening today.  Homes are nice though, with interesting landscaping.  Plan 2 has a massive waterfall emanating from the roof of the patio.  It's impressive but a little too loud for my taste... Sounds like it's pouring rain outside.

Plan 3 has fantastic Craftsman architecture both inside and out, which is a refreshing change from the usual Irvine Mediterranean and not as jarring as the Harper or Ellwood architectural styles (sorry, IHS).  It also has the IHO/ps9-approved grand foyer with circular staircase.

Interestingly, they are calling these homes 2 car garage with storage, even though the non-tandem storage space in Plan 2 looks big enough to fit a normal size car.

They were serving Turkey burger sliders, fruit, and a decent assortment of desserts along with a balloon artist, face painter, and live musician.  Overall, well done and worth taking a look.

hello said:
ps9 said:

These guys will fail terribly like other BP builders.  They should have learned from the other builders' failures yet they still choose to price their homes with WTF pricing.  For 1.8M there are MANY MANY other places where id buy over this build.  These builders need to get real.  Stupid Chinese money has dried up... get with the program and start pricing reasonably or you will fail like the others.  Thank you and have a nice day.

There is plenty of FOOLS MONEY around. You are not one of the FOOL, perhaps the FOOL will enjoy these homes while we drools and bitches.

Compressed-Village said:
hello said:
ps9 said:

There is plenty of FOOLS MONEY around. You are not one of the FOOL, perhaps the FOOL will enjoy these homes while we drools and bitches.

Im not sure "we" will drool and bitch.  In all honesty a lot of these homes are really not that much better than homes that many of us have already.  The only difference is that they are new... and now they are paying a lot more for these homes...  Overpriced homes do not make me drool or bitch.

Saw the homes today.  It was decent, nothing spectacular.  Upgrades were really nice but the floorplans were so so.  Didn't get to see upstairs of plan 3 since they were painting.  I think the MR is high.

Back