Silvermist by K.Hovnanian Homes at Beacon Park

ps99472

Original LONL thread: www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,12996.msg258923.html#msg258923

Builder's Link:
www.khov.com/find-new-homes/california/irvine/92618/k-hovnanian-homes/silvermist-at-beacon-park
www.greatparkneighborhoods.com/homes/silvermist

Pricing info:
Plan 1 (Amber) 2,796 sq ft - N/A
Plan 2 (Citrine) 3,673 sq ft - Starting at $1,591,990
Plan 3 (Jade) 3,714 sq ft - Starting at $1,629,040
Plan 4 (Onyx) 4,002 sq ft - Starting at $1,723,970

Mello-Roos Info:
Beacon%20Park%20Mello-Roos_zpsrnypzjcf.jpg

Site Map:
Silvermist%20site%20map_zpsqx4sdtpi.jpg

image_zpshx4hwq3k.jpg

Here's my re-do of the Silvermist thread, I didn't get the current phase 1 price list on my preview visit since I didn't really like these homes.  I'll try to grab one this weekend or if someone has it already, please update us.  These homes are the second biggest floorplans in BP next to Ryland's Legend.  Phase 1 involve the homes off Paramount/Beacon and are close to the BP K-8 School's sports fields.  Later phases involve cul-de-sacs and larger lots as well.  They have the largest single story in BP, for those interested. 

When we visited the models, it felt inferior to Torrey's models, not sure why, I usually don't get distracted by decor much, but the whole feel with the sales staff that didn't present well, the only builder where my sales contact did not meet me at my appointed time, some sloppy painting jobs in the models, the dark paint used.. it was just bleh.  I will need to re-visit thse again to make another impression.  Hopefully bad sales presentation doesn't mean bad build quality.

Thanks ps9! You're really working hard to keep this forum going even without LONL!

I love how lot 33 is already sold. Must be Chinese. I'm looking forward to seeing these homes myself this weekend. At these prices, I expect to be hugely wowed when I walk in.

These do suck.  They have pricing for the one story plan one. It's $1.4m+. Threw away my price sheet so don't remember exact.  I know there's been some discussion on the 12 foot (?) ceilings in the one story but I don't see the appeal of it. Made me feel like a dwarf walking through the house. The Jade model was just plain bad. No wonder 3 were available today. The citrine was ok but downstairs master - not everyone's cup of tea. Didn't bother looking in the biggest one.

I thought $1.3 million was priced high for the one story, then I heard $1.4 million with someone saying it would be a "hot seller" and now I see it's nearly $1.5 million plus upgrades.

I'll believe hot seller when I see it.

Ready2Downsize said:
I thought $1.3 million was priced high for the one story, then I heard $1.4 million with someone saying it would be a "hot seller" and now I see it's nearly $1.5 million plus upgrades.

I'll believe hot seller when I see it.

at 1.5M its going to be a fucking flop.

Hawthorn had so much trouble selling their single stories for 1.1 million (~440 per sq foot) that they got them re-permitted to two story plans for their last few single stories.

Major sticker shock for me when Silvermist told me they would start their development at $1.3 million at their meet the builder event.

Near $1.5 with no upgrades? Doubt anyone will be able to resell one of those for many many many years esp if rates rise and get out at break even with the cost to sell.

Found the price sheet:
Amber single story: lot 37 $1,469,610
Citrine: $1,594,470 and $1,638,100
Jade: $1,622,960 and $1,650,180 and $1,668,300
Onyx: $1,722,290

Some of these may include preplots. But considering later phases of PP's largest tract, Melrose (3900sf) closed between $1.5-$1.6m after design center means these are pricier by at least $150k-200k.  And if you want, Add in $x for the Mello difference, not sure how BP is that much better/pricier than PP. Walking distance to BP elem or not.

bones said:
Found the price sheet:
Amber single story: lot 37 $1,469,610
Citrine: $1,594,470 and $1,638,100
Jade: $1,622,960 and $1,650,180 and $1,668,300
Onyx: $1,722,290

Some of these may include preplots. But considering later phases of PP's largest tract, Melrose (3900sf) closed between $1.5-$1.6m after design center means these are pricier by at least $150k-200k.  And if you want, Add in $x for the Mello difference, not sure how BP is that much better/pricier than PP. Walking distance to BP elem or not.
From March 2015 Posthttp://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,12439.msg253902.html#msg253902

The problem at BP, they probably can't start way lower in the initial phase, they have to start close to the final sale prices at PP.  In that case the houses may languish on the market lot longer and getting in on the first phase may not necessarily be that beneficial.

Irvine Dream said:
The problem at BP, they probably can't start way lower in the initial phase, they have to start close to the final sale prices at PP.  In that case the houses may languish on the market lot longer and getting in on the first phase may not necessarily be that beneficial.

I remember hearing that 5P thought early phases of PP homes were underpriced so they felt they left bunch of money on the table. That's why PP sold far faster than they were initially expecting. Looks like they might have over-corrected for BP.

I think current sales pace for all the +1.0mm houses in BP reflect what people think about the pricing and their alternatives.  In some cases, buyers may be waiting for cul de sac and larger lots, however, think most of the larger houses are finding Hidden Canyon and Baker Ranch to be more competitive especially adjusted for MR than originally thought (and have views).  Not many reasons to pay premium to live in Irvine if you aren't using the school district and the amount of SFR rentals make the alternative value proposition compelling. 

Silvermist (and Torrey for that matter) would be fine homes at around 1.3.  These homes are comparable to Stafford and should be similarly priced.  The buyers in the market for $2 mil Irvine homes are more attracted to places that have cachet, like OH and HC.  5P's marketing image for BP is quirky small town diversity.  Most people who buy $2 mil houses are not attracted to that image.

I think 5P has forgotten that one of the main reasons PP was such a big hit was because it was priced below competing TIC products. 

Happiness said:
Silvermist (and Torrey for that matter) would be fine homes at around 1.3.  These homes are comparable to Stafford and should be similarly priced.  The buyers in the market for $2 mil Irvine homes are more attracted to places that have cachet, like OH and HC.  5P's marketing image for BP is quirky small town diversity.  Most people who buy $2 mil houses are not attracted to that image.

I think 5P has forgotten that one of the main reasons PP was such a big hit was because it was priced below competing TIC products.

Yup...Sausalito is still struggling to complete selling in Stonegate because it's price point is way too high.

They don't even need to discount it down to $1.3 to get sales moving.  $1.4ish seems fair for the smallest 2 story model.

Single story appears to be moving.  Was in sales office earlier this week and when inquired about single story, sales agent said line is out the door and best bet would be to get pre-qualified and take a number.  While in the office, overheard 2 phone calls and had another person browsing inquire about single story within 10 mins!  Other plans seem to be doing ok, but not great.  Imagine they're contemplating doing the opposite of Pulte with Hawthorne and converting more to the single story.  Price per sq ft is high, somewhat offset by larger lots, but didn't think they would have the success moving these plans given Pulte challenges several years ago, though location is much better. 

LongIrvine said:
Single story appears to be moving.  Was in sales office earlier this week and when inquired about single story, sales agent said line is out the door and best bet would be to get pre-qualified and take a number.  While in the office, overheard 2 phone calls and had another person browsing inquire about single story within 10 mins!  Other plans seem to be doing ok, but not great.  Imagine they're contemplating doing the opposite of Pulte with Hawthorne and converting more to the single story.  Price per sq ft is high, somewhat offset by larger lots, but didn't think they would have the success moving these plans given Pulte challenges several years ago, though location is much better.

I guess the mosque theme is really resonating with the buyers.

Back