Chinese medicine doctor experience

sentosa

I have seen a few Chinese doctors recently for acupuncture and consultation. Unfortunately, these doctors don't make me feel confident.
One of them majored in engineering and moved to US many years ago. And somehow she managed to get PhD from American Global University for oriental medicine (search that school up) Now she became an expert in Chinese medicine. The other one was a surgical doctor (at least majored in medicine) and after came here suddenly become an expert in Chinese medicine and even teaches classes.
One thing in common of them is that they like bragging about how magical their treatment is but in reality it doesn't seem to be that magical at all.
It's way too easy to get a license to practice Chinese medicine here IMHO. It's almost like a scam. People do get compensated from insurance so sometimes they don't really choose wisely.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/east-west-medical-group-fullerton

Talk to Dr. Steven Tsai @ East West Medical.  He's on board of directors at St. Jude Memorial & is contracted to treat patients at St. Jude Medical Center.  He is also a Kaiser provider.

As his patient, you also get the added benefit of his organized oversea tour/vacation/cruise trips.  @_@;;

PB280331_fs.jpg

I have a friend who went to see this Chinese doctor who she found on the ads of a Chinese newspaper for a free consultation. Instead of getting normal acupunture & traditional Chinese medicine, she was adviced to buy thousands of dollar of vitamin supplement from a MLM company because otherwise she will soon get cancer according to this doctor.

I am just wondering is it even legal to sell MLM products to your patient using an accupunture license ? Can they be disciplined ?

I think it's kyani.
I don't know if that's a good product or not. But I don't feel it right for Chinese Medicine doctors to sell those products to their patients.
A lot of Chinese people truly believe in Chinese medicine. Unfortunately, people usually encounter more crooks than real experts. There is just not enough regulation in this area.

When I was in Beijing in 2007 with my ex-gf, she insisted on using one of those too cheap to be true tour packages with some guy handing out flyers in front of the Forbidden Palace.  Lo and behold, as soon as we got on the bus they started squeezing  us for more money.  We were taken to some BFE part of the Great Wall and few tourist areas, then off to a string of tourist traps including the ever popular jade factories, Buddha caves, and TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) college where they tried to sell us all kinds of crap.  They weren't too pleased when I told them that I'm from CA and don't need to buy US-grown ginseng in China.

rain said:
I think it's kyani.
I don't know if that's a good product or not. But I don't feel it right for Chinese Medicine doctors to sell those products to their patients.
A lot of Chinese people truly believe in Chinese medicine. Unfortunately, people usually encounter more crooks than real experts. There is just not enough regulation in this area.

same thing with chiros

Back