Status
Not open for further replies.
The last downturn in economy and housing hit San Diego harder than la/oc
With that being said, sd is nice, need to get larger companies to go there instead of Texas or Bangalore or wherever.

thelandofnoland said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Also...

Stop posting non-Irvine real estate threads in the Irvine Real Estate forum

:)

This is related to Irvine as it is a comparison.
I was kidding but since you are insisting... this forum is for real estate IN Irvine, not real estate RELATED to Irvine.

The forum does not say 'Irvine Real Estate (and real estate that is comparable to Irvine)'.

This thread belongs in the 'General Real Estate and Mortgage Talk' forum:
http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/board,4.0.html

But it's up to you... you can follow the rules to help keep this site organized or you can continue to post threads that in my opinion are a "comparison" to recent posts about zenehome.

TI is self-moderated, so I'll leave it to you.

The Carmel Valley school Beat Troy HS in Science Olympiad. Irvine School district doesn't have a competitive team because the schools emphasize on testing and scores rather than this extra-curricular event and totally rely on volunteers. Science Olympiad tests creative problem solving and impromptu thinking. Neither one is the strength of the Irvine students. Irvine students excel in repetition and familiarity of tangible facts, answers, and definitions.

irvinehomeshopper said:
Irvine students excel in repetition and familiarity of tangible facts, answers, and definitions.

In order to be admitted into Troy's magnet program, won't a kid have to excel at these precise things?

Troy is a public school for all students reside in the district. For those not living in the district zone the school offers a magnet program with an competency examination. Contrary to belief the test includes abstract reasoning, mechanical symantic and logic reasoning.

First they let Tustin in....

Then they let Carmel Valley in...

Next thing you know we're going to discuss Corona in the Irvine section...

thelandofnoland said:
I would like to buy here myself in the future, but the commute time will be too painful for me. However, I would recommend it over La Jolla any time for those who are considering buying there.

Carmel Valley is next to Monterey Bay. (kinda far)

Is this one of your housing/builder projects?

Carmel valley = northern San Diego. We have thought about the area but would rather do la jolla. Still years away though.

eyephone said:
thelandofnoland said:
I would like to buy here myself in the future, but the commute time will be too painful for me. However, I would recommend it over La Jolla any time for those who are considering buying there.

Think you are confusing Carmel by the sea and Carmel valley.

bones said:
eyephone said:
thelandofnoland said:

There is Carmel by the sea and "near there" is Carmel valley.

The funny thing is LOL's poll about posting non-Irvine threads in the Irvine forum said keep it Irvine.

He wants people to listen to him when he PMs them about removing posts yet doesn't listen to their opinion on his own poll.

#TheRiddler

eyephone said:
bones said:
eyephone said:
thelandofnoland said:

Oh! Carmel Valley Village.  Can't they come up with different names to make things less confusing.

irvinehomeowner said:
The funny thing is LOL's poll about posting non-Irvine threads in the Irvine forum said keep it Irvine.

He wants people to listen to him when he PMs them about removing posts yet doesn't listen to their opinion on his own poll.

#TheRiddler

+ 1

You will find Eastwood there too the real thing. This thread kind of related to Irvine in a round about way.

eyephone said:
bones said:
eyephone said:
thelandofnoland said:

eyephone said:
bones said:
eyephone said:
thelandofnoland said:

I think you mean Cardiff-by-the-Sea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back