Drugs

socal78

I hear HEROIN use is running rampant in Irvine high schools. This was told to me this afternoon by my family physician who practices in Irvine.

SoCal said:
I hear HEROINE use is running rampant in Irvine high schools. This was told to me this afternoon by my family physician who practices in Irvine.

Fcbs need release

She said when she first began practicing in Irvine, the first time she asked a teen where they were getting the drug money, the teen looked at her like 'duh'... and said, "from my parents". It's coming out of their allowance. Yikes.

SoCal said:
I hear HEROINE use is running rampant in Irvine high schools. This was told to me this afternoon by my family physician who practices in Irvine.
HOW DOES your family physician get this kind of G2?!!  Can you share her info?

pisa said:
SoCal said:

Most likely - It will go under doctor patient confidentialality.

(Wink)

Dresden215 said:
Cocaine too, especially at Northwood.

I have to disclose: I do not know if the there is a drug issue.

If there is a drug problem, the school district and police can bring a drug K-9 to do random searches.

You are RIGHT doc-patient confidentiality applies.

But SoCal's doc has it WRONG. There is some pot and adderall use at the Irvine schools. Nothing else running RAMPANT.

I have some family doc friends and we talk about this stuff.

Rampant? 
But of course, only at irvine schools. Never at any of the neighboring cities and their schools.

SoCal said:
bones said:
But of course, only at irvine schools. Never at any of the neighboring cities and their schools.

Where does it say that?

I went to my family physician in foothill ranch and she didn't mention anything about drug use in SVUSD. :)

bones said:
SoCal said:
bones said:

Where does it say that?

I went to my family physician in foothill ranch and she didn't mention anything about drug use in SVUSD. :)
Just the other day saw fcb kids hovering over some needles.

jmoney74 said:
bones said:
SoCal said:
bones said:

Where does it say that?

Just the other day saw fcb kids hovering over some needles.

Did they turn into PP/PS or go straight on irvine blvd toward Alton?  I heard a bunch of FCBs moved into baker ranch bc you know, it's just like irvine :)

SoCal said:
pisa said:

Sorry but I can't take you seriously when you post under this account.
Sorry I would like to take your thread SERIOUSLY. But either you or your doc got BAD info. I am trying to HELP YOU. can u HELP US by sharing your doc's info?

I think most on here are parents but maybe some of you have young kids and that's why it's not clicking yet. It didn't for me either until today. Here's a clue: If you have a teenager, you will probably already know about this because they (well, at least ours, not sure if all offices do it) will ask the parent to step out of the room while they perform a routine series of questions. I do not have a teenager yet but was told what to anticipate in the future at a well child visit. I asked what type of questions are they and why do they ask. Basically, why should the parent leave the room? The doctor stated various reasons, for example questions about the child's home life, social and relationship questions. I asked for more specific examples. She said a big one she sees is the heroin use among high school students in Irvine. I was not aware they do this type of Q&A routinely but there it is. And yes, fwiw, she did say parents can decline the interview if they wish.

I think SoCal has been mistakenly thinking Pisa is my other account, because we both have shown our distaste against Foothill Ranch. Regarding this thread, I think it is just another smear jab against Irvine, typical SoCal thread. Irvine is an affluent city so the kids are just spoiled; drugs, fast cars, latest Apple products,...etc.

SoCal said:
I think most on here are parents but maybe some of you have young kids and that's why it's not clicking yet. It didn't for me either until today. Here's a clue: If you have a teenager, you will probably already know about this because they (well, at least ours, not sure if all offices do it) will ask the parent to step out of the room while they perform a routine series of questions. I do not have a teenager yet but was told what to anticipate in the future at a well child visit. I asked what type of questions are they and why do they ask. Basically, why should the parent leave the room? The doctor stated various reasons, for example questions about the child's home life, social and relationship questions. I asked for more specific examples. She said a big one she sees is the heroin use among high school students in Irvine. I was not aware they do this type of Q&A routinely but there it is. And yes, fwiw, she did say parents can decline the interview if they wish.

I don't think anyone is doubting there is heroin or cocaine use in irvine high schools. Or any high school for that matter. There were definitely pockets of drug users in the HS I went to. But the word you used in your initial post is rampant.  I don't know who your doctor is but I'm guessing she's the doctor of choice for the majority of irvine teens. And then the majority of this majority confided in her that they do hard drugs.  And then she took that information and told you it's rampant? 

Back