Cressa at Portola Springs - The New Home Company

irviniteeee

Coming Winter 2016 according to THNC's website.

Cressa by The New Home Company is the pinnacle of Portola Springs living. Situated in the heart of this popular North Irvine masterplanned community, residents will enjoy all the social and educational benefits this acclaimed city has to offer.

The community encourages healthy living with outdoor amenities including parks, playgrounds, trails, recreation centers and Olympic pools. Families can walk to award-winning schools within the nationally recognized Irvine School District. And, the Orchard Hills Shopping Center, Woodbury Town Center and Irvine Spectrum, offering the best in restaurants and retail, are right next door.

Cressa?s 95 family residences will offer a range of floorplans to accommodate young families and move-up buyers. The contemporary homes will feature 3-4 bedrooms and average 2,600 square feet of living space. Living at Cressa will provide an opportunity for all families to flourish.

We encourage you to join the Interest Registry today to be kept informed of the latest community news and progress.

Coming Winter 2016. For more information on Portola Springs, please visit: https://www.villagesofirvine.com/villages-neighborhoods/portola-springs/.

Has priority registration started? I am on the interest list but have not received any updates.

No, but you should have received an email today with some specifics regarding priority registration start date (at least I did).  TIC also had an email going out to formerly announce the estimated pricing. For CRESSA it was Plan 1, High 900's, plan 2 and 3 in low 1,000,000 (not new info as it was already posted). Obviously exact pricing is TBD. 

Eastwood information went out earlier this week (I think that is when it was).  But priority registration for either of them, hasn't started yet. 

Wow... that's all you get in 2800-3000sft?

Back in the day that would get you 5br AND a loft/bonus room. My old 3CWG was only 2500sf and it was 5br/3ba with a living room, dining room, family room and nook.

What do they do with all the space?

irvinehomeowner said:

Back in the day that would get you 5br AND a loft/bonus room. My old 3CWG was only 2500sf and it was 5br/3ba with a living room, dining room, family room and nook.

I would argue actually make the spaces nice (but I am a big fan of the current floorplan styles...not to say all old floorplans are junky, but ones that are very closed off, are in my opinion, blah). When I look at those 2500 sq foot homes that are the way you described, I walk in and go, oh shit, I don't like any of this. So closed, etc, so not functional to what I like (makes me feel claustrophobic).

I should point out, not sure what is new about this plan in particular. It is pretty consistent with most any floor plan in this range over the past few years.  Reality is, in newer builds, you tend to get nice size rooms, nice size kitchens, nice size family rooms, and pretty nice masters (which to be frank, almost any master I see in a new house is way more than I personally need) plus a loft.  It also comes with a nice sized mortgage and a not so nice sized yard ;)

Whats the point at looking at any of these floor plans.  All these homes basically look exactly alike. 

hello said:
Whats the point at looking at any of these floor plans.  All these homes basically look exactly alike. 

I agree, very boring. Add a roof top lounge or basement man cave, then we're talking.

Is it me or did most of the newer type floor plans shrink the family room. Sure it's next to the kitchen and dining area as a great room, but sofa setup kinda blows... These 2,500 sq ft homes have the same size family rooms that I see in 1,500 sq ft condos of yesteryear.  Rant. 

AW said:
Is it me or did most of the newer type floor plans shrink the family room. Sure it's next to the kitchen and dining area as a great room, but sofa setup kinda blows... These 2,500 sq ft homes have the same size family rooms that I see in 1,500 sq ft condos of yesteryear.  Rant.

I agree with you.  The size of the family rooms in these new homes are waaaaayyyyy too small.

irvinehomeowner said:

You were smaller back in the day so the 2500sf seemed larger.

hello said:
AW said:

I agree with you.  The size of the family rooms in these new homes are waaaaayyyyy too small.
I agree totally with this on some of these floorplans. I had the same feeling when it came to Layfayette where I was amazed at how homes that size could have such non-functional family rooms. 

all except plan 1, it's a den, bedroom is an option (upgrade cost), and 2860 must mean converting the cali room in plan 1 from 2400?

Bullsback said:
I would argue actually make the spaces nice (but I am a big fan of the current floorplan styles...not to say all old floorplans are junky, but ones that are very closed off, are in my opinion, blah). When I look at those 2500 sq foot homes that are the way you described, I walk in and go, oh shit, I don't like any of this. So closed, etc, so not functional to what I like (makes me feel claustrophobic).
Not the ones I'm referring to.

Most of them have the O-formation with high vaulted ceiling so less claustrophobic than today's box-on-box layouts... even with 10ft ceilings.

And the Great Room concept is not new, many of the older homes have the kitchen/nook/family room setup that is what they now call the Great Room. The difference is they also had another dining area and a living room. I realize several here say they never use those spaces but if you have kids and entertain guests, I find that strange as we use every space we have downstairs.

And because the older homes weren't box-on-box to allow for those vaulting ceilings, the footprint was also larger (esp with a 3CWG). Here's one of my favorites in Westpark II:

Vintage-Floorplan-D.jpg

And that's 2750sft!!

You young-uns don't know what you're missing.

:)

Back