Your 1st purchase at Amazon

ps99472

Interesting article today about the 1st Amazon customer:
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/meet-amazons-first-ever-customer-2015-04-22

Hard to believe Amazon started as an online bookstore and expanded into what it is today.

Remember your 1st purchase?  Well you don't have to, Amazon still have your very first order history (unless you got multiple accounts and lost track).  Here's mine:

faf7c174a873ed8d333cd2ad01b1b672_zpsx8xl82sa.jpg

So 13 years ago my very first Amazon purchase was a PS video game.  It was shipped to my old San Diego apt, I can't see the price I paid for some reason, though at its current value I estimate to make at least $50+ if I sell it.  I still have the game, sealed in its original shrink wrap, stuck on a bookshelf in my library. 

Heh... 2003, a baby shower gift for a friend.

Then I had no other purchase until 2009 and that was for gift cards.

Didn't start buying stuff for myself until about 2010-11.

Since starting Prime in 2014, I've bought way more stuff than the previous 11 years.

Here's mine from party like its 1999!  Musta been for school.  I bought 5 things or less each year from 1999-2003. And about 10 things each year in 2004-2005. Then it all went to shit in 2006 and beyond. I probably buy 15-20 items per month from Amazon currently.

3532y36.jpg

Mine.  Right at the peak of the stock market bubble .. sucker..  :-[ 

s10yt5.jpg

Attachments

• amazon.JPG
    amazon.JPG
    97.5 KB · Views: 203
Great thread! Mine was 1999, bought a couple of Java books for college.

I am impressed that Amazon still  has all the data from back then. With utilities and banks you run into a dead end trying to retrieve bills/statements more than 3 years old.

Family Guy Seasons 1 & 2 back in March of 2003. Then bought Moneyball shortly after.  Made at least 1 purchase every year since, however, between 1-6 until 2013 when the purchase history exploded (coincidentally...same time our daughter was born).  Slowly I am getting my wife to transition to the dark side. With the business of kids and the good prices amazon has, so much nicer to just order basic necessities on amazon then making the random out of the way stop somewhere.

Amazon orders over the years.. guess when I joined amazon prime  >:D

index.php

Attachments

• amazon-order.JPG
    amazon-order.JPG
    27.5 KB · Views: 425
Back