Terraza in Placentia by Beazer Homes

estrader

SFR 2106 sq ft -2876. From $714k-860k.

Looks interesting.  No MR, 1.1 tax rate, $89 HOA at build out, gated complex.

I'm comparing these to Greenwood, specifically Sheldon community. The park inside terraza isn't as fancy as greenwood as it's not a master planned community.  But hey the HOA is way low.

Lot sizes are 4000sq ft.  Anyone know what size sheldons are?

Any thoughts on placentia? Price appreciation likely?  Not trying to rent out.  The floor plans look good though
http://m.beazer.com/orange-county-CA/terraza?productLine=terraza

thelandofnoland said:
Do not even consider buying here. I lived around there before, and let me say that I am very sorry I did so. Unless you want to be sorry like me, I would recommend that you not buy there, unless you want me to laugh at you later if you have any of the problems I did.

Here are some problems:

1. The elementary school that it is zoned to is one of the worst in the district, and well known as such. The middle and high schools it is zoned to have an over 50% Hispanic population and over 50% of the students have free lunches. On GreatSchools, the elementary school has a 6 out of 10 rating. People have been observed to be smoking, kissing, and behaving inappropriately many times when my child has been to the middle school. The entire district is in trouble because they signed a 36-year debt plan that there is no way they will escape from. They're spending money they don't have. Seehttp://www.ocregister.com/articles/bonds-496091-school-bank.htmlfor all the lovely details. Currently, they are trying to bail their way out by posting big ugly signboards next to their streets and asking for voluntary donations from parents. All of the teachers in all three schools I have noticed favor Caucasian students over other ethnicities, and while they ignore the bad behavior of the Caucasian students, allowing them to push, shove, and say bad words to other kids they don't like until they cry, they criticize and yell at other ethnicities, including Asians, until they leave. The administrators are hiring their own family members too. When a parent I knew complained about the behavior of one teacher, she and her child were black-listed from the entire district for ten years until they left the district. When her child did well at an extra-curricular program, they cancelled it the following year and even though she was one of the best students in her school, she never received a single piece of recognition. Even though she was one of the best violin players in the school, she was repeatedly told that she was not good enough to be in concerts. If you try leaving the district, they will intentionally do things to block you by copying the programs of the district you want to transfer to. In 2002, this is what happened:http://articles.latimes.com/2002/jun/04/local/me-transfer4.Last year, something similar happened. Students who wanted to attend Troy High School in Fullerton were blocked because PYLUSD copied FJUHSD's NJROTC program without telling any of the parents. Even though several rallies were held outside of the district's office, they didn't listen to them. I also have a feeling that they some sway over the OC Register, because when the girl whom I mentioned already won 3rd place in the OC Spelling Bee as a 6th grader, her name was not mentioned at all and she was referred to as an 8th grader in the newspaper. Further, OC Register has refused to publish any articles on PYLUSD's attempts to block inter-district transfers.

2. The water district does not care about their customers' concerns and have 0 water stored in case of an emergency, the worst in the entire OC.

3. The neighborhood is not that great either. Although its immediate vicinity is not that bad, a bit further away, many gangsters are known to roam there at night in Old Placentia. Grafitti is everywhere. Even in the better parts of Placentia, there is strong dissent towards non-Caucasian ethnicities. Children in our old home have put toilet paper on our trees, thrown nails on our roof, and put Clorox (we know, but decided not to say anything worse) in our shrubs. People race down our streets at night at absurd speeds and drinking parties have been observed many times in the city. Strange smoke from their houses have sickened neighbors, and when they complain, they slash their cars' tires. Even police officers do not want to get involved. When some Mormons wanted to convert us and when we said "no", they took offense and our entire street disliked us because when our neighbors did something wrong, they called the city and claimed that it was us calling them. Even the mail delivery system is corrupted. They sent our mortgage bill to our Mormon neighbor who then opened the statement and claimed that they never realized that is was ours. While all of the Caucasians receive coupon ads, all other ethnicities receive none. You cannot do garage sales on any day you want. They only allow it to be free on the hottest and coldest days of the year. Otherwise, you have to pay a huge permit so that the city can collect more money.

That is all I am going to say. I hope that you reconsider buying there.  ;)

Wow, sounds like a great place for a veterans cemetery.  Our Gang should move to Placentia!

[/quote]

Wow, sounds like a great place for a veterans cemetery.  Our Gang should move to Placentia!
[/quote]

From your leader Yaliu07:

July 31, 2014  .... If I want certain race in my backyard, I will buy home in Santa Ana.

May 31, 2015    there is a town hall meeting with Mayor Choi and Council Woman Lynn Schott ...  it is to discussion of relocating the veteran cemetery to another location.

June 02, 2015  any thoughts are welcome. (except white folks thoughts, as it turned out) i use a lot of "i think" or "i dont think" because i am just a messenger (for who?) i will look for the MexiCAN with a big/huge bat. someone just stopped by house and passed me a Chinese Flyer on town hall meeting

You folks could attend a Jauneno town hall meeting to learn about the history of this area. I suspect they are far less racist and exclusionary than the Irvine Chinese.

July 28, 2014  We, Asian, are afraid of ghost and Irvine is 40~50% Asian.  Why can't the veteran cemetery in the Non-Asian community?

July 28, 2014  We, Asian, dont like cemetery because we believe in ghost.  Why can't the cemetery build in a non-Asian community.  Top 5 names of homebuyers in Irvine in 2013 were Chen, Lee, Wang, Liu and Kim.  How more Asian do you still need? 

March 26, 2015  i am concern that less chinese  ? more "ghetto" people will move in

My previous statement was wrong.  After looking at the Town Hall event photo the racist Irvine Chinese excluded an African, a Mexican, a non-Chinese Asian, and a few whites. One senior lady was forcibly ejected from the meeting.

June 08, 2015  according to the organizer, there WILL be communication with veterans.  we did took pictures during the meeting and we have proof.    (Save those pictures they will soon be required as evidence.)

To communicate with veterans, hold your next town hall meeting at Cook?s Corner. Any weekend, just find a table and put up a sign ?Chinese want veteran cemetery moved from El Toro?.  You will soon have dialog with veterans. Please send out flyers.

Take that from Placentia.

Our Gang said:

July 31, 2014  .... If I want certain race in my backyard, I will buy home in Santa Ana.

May 31, 2015    there is a town hall meeting with Mayor Choi and Council Woman Lynn Schott ...  it is to discussion of relocating the veteran cemetery to another location.

June 02, 2015  any thoughts are welcome. (except white folks thoughts, as it turned out) i use a lot of "i think" or "i dont think" because i am just a messenger (for who?) i will look for the MexiCAN with a big/huge bat. someone just stopped by house and passed me a Chinese Flyer on town hall meeting

You folks could attend a Jauneno town hall meeting to learn about the history of this area. I suspect they are far less racist and exclusionary than the Irvine Chinese.

July 28, 2014  We, Asian, are afraid of ghost and Irvine is 40~50% Asian.  Why can't the veteran cemetery in the Non-Asian community?

July 28, 2014  We, Asian, dont like cemetery because we believe in ghost.  Why can't the cemetery build in a non-Asian community.  Top 5 names of homebuyers in Irvine in 2013 were Chen, Lee, Wang, Liu and Kim.  How more Asian do you still need? 

March 26, 2015  i am concern that less chinese  ? more "ghetto" people will move in

My previous statement was wrong.  After looking at the Town Hall event photo the racist Irvine Chinese excluded an African, a Mexican, a non-Chinese Asian, and a few whites. One senior lady was forcibly ejected from the meeting.

June 08, 2015  according to the organizer, there WILL be communication with veterans.  we did took pictures during the meeting and we have proof.    (Save those pictures they will soon be required as evidence.)

To communicate with veterans, hold your next town hall meeting at Cook?s Corner. Any weekend, just find a table and put up a sign ?Chinese want veteran cemetery moved from El Toro?.  You will soon have dialog with veterans. Please send out flyers.

If you are going to continue spewing your hate speech, at least learn how to spell "Juane?o" correctly.  Otherwise, you just look like another dumb white supremacist.  Ooh rah!  ;D

WTTCHMN said:
Our Gang said:

If you are going to continue spewing your hate speech, at least learn how to spell "Juane?o" correctly.  Otherwise, you just look like another dumb white supremacist.  Ooh rah!  ;D

That's not my hate speech, those are direct quotes, with dates cited, from Yaliu07 on TI  8)  How dumb is that?  ::)

lets just say i dont care about the school district..then what? i own a house in YL so i can go to either school. most likely a YL school

thelandofnoland said:
Do not even consider buying here. I lived around there before, and let me say that I am very sorry I did so. Unless you want to be sorry like me, I would recommend that you not buy there, unless you want me to laugh at you later if you have any of the problems I did.

Here are some problems:

1. The elementary school that it is zoned to is one of the worst in the district, and well known as such. The middle and high schools it is zoned to have an over 50% Hispanic population and over 50% of the students have free lunches. On GreatSchools, the elementary school has a 6 out of 10 rating. People have been observed to be smoking, kissing, and behaving inappropriately many times when my child has been to the middle school. The entire district is in trouble because they signed a 36-year debt plan that there is no way they will escape from. They're spending money they don't have. Seehttp://www.ocregister.com/articles/bonds-496091-school-bank.htmlfor all the lovely details. Currently, they are trying to bail their way out by posting big ugly signboards next to their streets and asking for voluntary donations from parents. All of the teachers in all three schools I have noticed favor Caucasian students over other ethnicities, and while they ignore the bad behavior of the Caucasian students, allowing them to push, shove, and say bad words to other kids they don't like until they cry, they criticize and yell at other ethnicities, including Asians, until they leave. The administrators are hiring their own family members too. When a parent I knew complained about the behavior of one teacher, she and her child were black-listed from the entire district for ten years until they left the district. When her child did well at an extra-curricular program, they cancelled it the following year and even though she was one of the best students in her school, she never received a single piece of recognition. Even though she was one of the best violin players in the school, she was repeatedly told that she was not good enough to be in concerts. If you try leaving the district, they will intentionally do things to block you by copying the programs of the district you want to transfer to. In 2002, this is what happened:http://articles.latimes.com/2002/jun/04/local/me-transfer4.Last year, something similar happened. Students who wanted to attend Troy High School in Fullerton were blocked because PYLUSD copied FJUHSD's NJROTC program without telling any of the parents. Even though several rallies were held outside of the district's office, they didn't listen to them. I also have a feeling that they some sway over the OC Register, because when the girl whom I mentioned already won 2nd place in the OC Spelling Bee as a 5th grader, her name was not mentioned at all and she was referred to as an 8th grader in the newspaper. Further, OC Register has refused to publish any articles on PYLUSD's attempts to block inter-district transfers.

2. The water district does not care about their customers' concerns and have 0 water stored in case of an emergency, the worst in the entire OC.

3. The neighborhood is not that great either. Although its immediate vicinity is not that bad, a bit further away, many gangsters are known to roam there at night in Old Placentia. Grafitti is everywhere. Even in the better parts of Placentia, there is strong dissent towards non-Caucasian ethnicities. Children in our old home have put toilet paper on our trees, thrown nails on our roof, and put Clorox (we know, but decided not to say anything worse) in our shrubs. People race down our streets at night at absurd speeds and drinking parties have been observed many times in the city. Strange smoke from their houses have sickened neighbors, and when they complain, they slash their cars' tires. Even police officers do not want to get involved. When some Mormons wanted to convert us and when we said "no", they took offense and our entire street disliked us because when our neighbors did something wrong, they called the city and claimed that it was us calling them. Even the mail delivery system is corrupted. They sent our mortgage bill to our Mormon neighbor who then opened the statement and claimed that they never realized that is was ours. While all of the Caucasians receive coupon ads, all other ethnicities receive none. You cannot do garage sales on any day you want. They only allow it to be free on the hottest and coldest days of the year. Otherwise, you have to pay a huge permit so that the city can collect more money.

That is all I am going to say. I hope that you reconsider buying there.  ;)

Wow, that's an earful. I am sorry that you went through that. Back in 1999 when we were looking for homes. We did considered Placentia, since I work close by. Tustin and La Palma. I worked at that location for long time. So most of the time I was not aware of the nuisance that you mentioned. Although I did notice there were alot of people pushing shopping carts around and close to where I almost purchased. The home we were considering is across from train track and when I look closer there was a car junk yard across the way. Then there are oil pumps literally all over where we were considering. Although the price were cheaper, we are so glad that we DID NOT purchased there.

Back