Greek Crisis

Sooner or later, Greece has to exit the euro to get a chance to start their economy over.  The farther they kick the can down the road, the harder it is for them to recover.

irvinehomeowner said:
So all this yogurt we are buying and eating is not helping?

#DoesntUnderstandEconomics

You aren't buying enough

If Greece defaults not only will they not make their government dole rolls but they'll quickly find their store shelves empty.

That's why the politicians talk but don't do.  The Greeks were punished by inflation converting to the euro. They'll be punished five fold exiting the euro

Can you imagine trying to bluff your way through a game of poker while holding a pair of 2s--and all cards are face-up?  That's what Greece is doing. 

The California Court Company said:
+1
Short the stock now, and sell when they reach a deal in the last minute.

USCTrojanCPA said:
morekaos said:
Stock up on Ouzo...other than that this will be a non-event
+1  Sell the rips on "news" of a Greek deal and buy the dips on the fear of no deal.

Yup another downer. You can thank Greece.  ;D

#Grexit

...and the other EU finance ministers reject Greece's assumption that they should get a better offer.  Even this offer might not be there come July 5th.

The jig is up.

The ripple has already begun:

Tokyo down 2.4%, HK 1.77%, Shanghai down 7+%.

I wonder what this does to the bonds...I can see a lot of people buying US bonds for security but also people cashing out to cover their equities loses.

Greek banks to stay closed Monday. (to prevent bank runs, rumor it might last for six days)

Greek Stock Market will be closed on Monday.

Which will be the bigger deal over the next 3 days - Greek crisis or China's stock market (Chinext) falling over? Interesting times we live in, eh?

Soylent Green Is People said:
Which will be the bigger deal over the next 3 days - Greek crisis or China's stock market (Chinext) falling over? Interesting times we live in, eh?

I think maybe the Greek Crisis. I read an article comparing this to the Lehman Brothers.

Grab your popcorn and drinks of choice and enjoy the show. >:D

Or, perhaps some Greek yogurt and rice wine is in order.

#HoLeeFuk
#WeToLo

jayl23 said:
Grab your popcorn and drinks of choice and enjoy the show. >:D

Or, perhaps some Greek yogurt and rice wine is in order.

#HoLeeFuk
#WeToLo

I'm thinking about rebalancing my 401k stocks to cash position in 401k.

Back