Beacon Park, Yea or Nay?

Are you still planning to purchase in Beacon Park?

• Total voters

ps99472

No more BP for ps9 family.  Cemetery was definitely a dealbreaker for us.  Taking my monies elsewhere.

I am not in the market but I would avoid BP regardless of cemetery...it being on a former superfund site and being relatively far away from Irvine central.

Pricing is also no relief.

Don't quite just yet. Ask for a 20% feng shui discount and buy a few as rentals. Even if you don't want to buy, at least go to the sales office and pressure them for the discount. The developer will get the idea and it may work out well for everyone.

irvinehomeowner said:
Really? The cemetery was the dealbreaker?

Even if these were cheaper than PP?

Yup, wife was adamant on the no living near cemetery stance.  I was ok, but looking at some weak PP resales, I had to agree with her on a financial point of view.

ps9 said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Yup, wife was adamant on the no living near cemetery stance.  I was ok, but looking at some weak PP resales, I had to agree with her on a financial point of view.

Yea. I agree. Pretty weak. There are some bright spots but in general, not great.  Just had an appraisal done and it came in $200k+ higher than my everything all in price. But not sure there's a buyer....

ps9 said:
irvinehomeowner said:

is your wife asian (chinese)?

cemetery is definitely a dealbreaker for me.  However, need another MILLION dollars is also a dealbreaker for me.

Looking at rates, it's gone up by a quarter over the last several weeks, as much as there are fcb's, they do not account for all sales, wondering if this would even factor into the pricing releases, considering high MR

Large lot sizes and walking distance to school would be the largest draw, latch key kids, yay
Floor plans are decent, not a super dense neighborhood like TIC, no apts.

Would worry more about finding toxic things years down the line.
Cost and MR would be the deal breaker, not the cemetery. That'll just scare the fcb's away which will drive prices down :)
And with the radiation deep in ground, there'll be an army of zombie vets protecting the base

ps9 said:
irvinehomeowner said:

#HappyWifeHappyLife

90% no for us.  After seeing the MR for our target size house, I just can't get myself to pull the trigger.  I would rather drop 150-200k in remodeling an older property (NP, NPS, Oakcreek) than buy new at BP.

Back