New Listing - Glen Willow Plan 4 SFR in West Irvine (52 Appleglen)

usctrojancpa

Wanted to let everyone know that I listed a fully remodeled Glen Willow Plan 4 detached home in West Irvine on MLS earlier today.  The home is on a corner lot in the middle of the Village so no noise from Jamboree or the toll road within short walking distance to Myford Elementary and Citrus Park.  It  has 4 bedrooms (all upstairs) and 3 bathrooms along with 2,027sf of living space. The sellers spent over $60k in upgrading the home since they bought it in 2010 (you can see if you look at the old listing in 2010 on Redfin when they bought it) and we have listed it at $888,000.  The most recent model match on Amoret closed for $880,000 earlier this year.  PM me or email (mmania001@yahoo.com) if you are interested in seeing the home. 

I'll also have an open house this weekend on both Saturday and Sunday (June 20th & 21st) at 1-4pm.

Pictures and the virtual tour are in the link below:

www.52appleglen.com

Here is the Redfin link (pictures have been added but it takes a few hours for them to get on Redfin):
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/52-Appleglen-Dr-92602/home/4794243

As always, I'll have treats for the TI folks who drop by and say hello.    ;)

is this the pricing trend nowadays? gotta have as many 8's as possible in the listing price? why not list @ $888,888? or they just want let the buyers add that $888 themselve?

You need lots of 8 to attract Chinese buyers.  ;D ;D ;D
Why would any one buy at this location when they can get a new house at orchard hills?

Totoro said:
You need lots of 8 to attract Chinese buyers.  ;D ;D ;D
Why would any one buy at this location when they can get a new house at orchard hills?
Because you'll have to pay over $1.1m for a detached home with a driveway in Orchard Hills along with about $5k/yr in Mello Roos. 

The California Court Company said:
is this the pricing trend nowadays? gotta have as many 8's as possible in the listing price? why not list @ $888,888? or they just want let the buyers add that $888 themselve?
Haha  Don't ask me, I provided the sellers with all of the comp data for the tract and they were the ones that determined the listing price for the home.   

Surprised to see the kitchen cabinet color.

Did they put in new kitchen cabinets with the remodel?

Is honey maple coming back in style?

Don't misunderstand me. I think the kitchen looks nice, just surprised by the color cabinets.

Doubt it, I hate that color.  They look like the older IKEA kitchen cabinets, I picked the same pulls.  Plenty of honey maple birch at ikea

Ready2Downsize said:
Surprised to see the kitchen cabinet color.

Did they put in new kitchen cabinets with the remodel?

Is honey maple coming back in style?

Don't misunderstand me. I think the kitchen looks nice, just surprised by the color cabinets.
If I remember correctly, the sellers remodeled the kitchen back in 2010 before they moved in (if you see the old pictures of the cabinets you'll know why). 

Ready2Downsize said:
paperboyNC said:
I like the kitchen cabinets.

It's nice to see something look nice together (flooring, counter, backsplash and cabinets) that is not white or dark.

Those cabinets should not be matched with that dark back splash and counters - it's a complete design mismatch. The cabinets would have looked nice if paired with a different counter/ back splash combo.

Paris said:
Ready2Downsize said:
paperboyNC said:
I like the kitchen cabinets.

It's nice to see something look nice together (flooring, counter, backsplash and cabinets) that is not white or dark.

Those cabinets should not be matched with that dark back splash and counters - it's a complete design mismatch. The cabinets would have looked nice if paired with a different counter/ back splash combo.

The dark part of the backsplash goes with the dark counters.

Paris said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
Tough crowd, I'm planning on remodeling my kitchen so I might consult with you guys when it's time.  haha

Houzz should be your best friend  :D
My problem is this....I have too many things to pick from so I end up not picking anything because of the fear of not picking the right thing.  :p

Ready2Downsize said:
Paris said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
Tough crowd, I'm planning on remodeling my kitchen so I might consult with you guys when it's time.  haha

Maybe they liked something like this on Houzz.
http://www.houzz.com/photos/3994934...-Home-Remodel-traditional-living-room-orlando

It just needs to be paired with neutrals or brown tones for counter/ back splash as such. The black is such a stark bold non-complementing contrast

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 160
USCTrojanCPA said:
Paris said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

My problem is this....I have too many things to pick from so I end up not picking anything because of the fear of not picking the right thing.  :p

If you post it here, the help will come.

See, the ladies here on TI already offer their design tips.  Maybe you should start a thread call "Trojan's Home Mod Journal" and let the experts on TI to help you out.

lnc said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
Paris said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

If you post it here, the help will come.

See, the ladies here on TI already offer their design tips.  Maybe you should start a thread call "Trojan's Home Mod Journal" and let the experts on TI to help you out.

If not the ladies, then def all the USCT fan boys :)

Nice posting and good pricing strategies. I bet you will have several offers to choose from. At this rate of listing and selling homes, you should be able to buy another Porche to add to your collection soon. :)

Back