Deal for Weber BBQ at Ace Hardware (Memorial Weekend Sale)

eyephone

I have rarely seen deals for Weber Bbq grills. The deal at Ace Hardware is Ace gift certificate with purchase of BBQ. $50 GC spirit, $100 GC Genisis, $200 GC Summit

Update: I bought it yesterday. I tried to apply the GC to the purchase, but the activation date of the GC is the next day.

eyephone said:
Update: I bought it yesterday. I tried to apply the GC to the purchase, but the activation date of the GC is the next day.
One lesson that stuck with me from B-School:

Some of the worst coupons (for consumers) are the ones that offer a promise of a future discount if a purchase is made today.
Not only is the store getting the item sold today (at full value), but it's also booking a potential future sale if/when you come back, when you will likely spend more on other items again. Deals like the buy-one-get-one-half-off (bogoho) or promos like "Kohl's Cash" were the examples given as the biggest consumer traps.

-IR2

IrvineRealtor said:
eyephone said:
One lesson that stuck with me from B-School:

Some of the worst coupons (for consumers) are the ones that offer a promise of a future discount if a purchase is made today.
Not only is the store getting the item sold today (at full value), but it's also booking a potential future sale if/when you come back, when you will likely spend more on other items again. Deals like the buy-one-get-one-half-off (bogoho) or promos like "Kohl's Cash" were the examples given as the biggest consumer traps.

-IR2

It's good if you can make it work.  I went to Lowes when I first moved it and got $600 Lowes Gift card for spending over 5K or something.  A few weeks later it was memorial day weekend.. so I took my receipt in for price matching,which they did.  Then later the gift card game!  SUCCESS!  Paid for my backsplash. 

Back