Author Topic: Orchard Hills Neighborhood 3  (Read 72634 times)

Offline Burn That Belly

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 14
  • -Received: 43
Re: Orchard Hills Neighborhood 3
« Reply #270 on: September 19, 2017, 12:22:37 PM »
Pre-Qual starts today guys! I have already contacted the lender myself. I hope Soylent Green (BofA) is going to make a killing.

The Lord is my shepherd and Jesus is my savior

God Bless America

Offline Perspective

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 110
  • -Received: 123
« Reply #271 on: September 21, 2017, 09:53:22 AM »
The "Reserve" (i.e. "OH3") grand opening is October 14th.

Offline Burn That Belly

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
« Reply #272 on: September 25, 2017, 06:31:15 PM »
Are you guys seeing that massive plume of smoke behind OH3?  Must be smokin hot them OH3.

God Bless America

Offline Villager

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Received: 26
« Reply #273 on: September 25, 2017, 06:38:27 PM »
There’s a pretty substantial fire in Corona off the 91.

Offline aquabliss

• Thanks
  • -Given: 146
  • -Received: 572
« Reply #274 on: October 12, 2017, 11:40:20 AM »
They have a countdown clock, pretty legit:
https://www.villagesofirvine.com/villages-neighborhoods/orchard-hills/grand-opening-reserve

I'm definitely going for the free corndogs, churros, boba, and tacos... Gonna be a madhouse.

Offline Trojanman

• Thanks
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 1
« Reply #275 on: October 12, 2017, 01:14:07 PM »
I’m sure it will be beautiful.  But boring design and high price will have me looking elsewhere.  I can’t see any future appreciation with the price you will be paying.

Offline A S

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 9
« Reply #276 on: October 12, 2017, 02:16:48 PM »
I’m sure it will be beautiful.  But boring design and high price will have me looking elsewhere.  I can’t see any future appreciation with the price you will be paying.

I was actually looking forward to this neighborhood, but am really disappointed they are including detached courtyard/shared driveway products in the "Reserve at Orchard Hills".  I am sure the homes will sell regardless.  Essentially $0.4M+ for the same homes that are walking distance in from the Reserve in Neighborhood II and it's not like you're getting much of a view or bigger lots.

Offline calbear

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 3
  • -Received: 0
« Reply #277 on: October 12, 2017, 02:28:04 PM »
So its a 400k increase for IUSD only I guess.  I was hoping it would be more reasonably priced as well.  I was thinking 100-150k premium vs something similar in OH II.  I'll look but I also doubt I'll bite =)

Offline Burn That Belly

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
« Reply #278 on: October 12, 2017, 02:29:58 PM »
It's $400K increase... for IUSD which happens to have the #1 high school in all of Irvine. Big difference.

Porsche Boxter vs. Porsche 911 Turbo... (big difference!)

You get what you pay for. You don't pay for it, you don't get it.

God Bless America

Offline Funkie

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 12
  • -Received: 9
« Reply #279 on: October 12, 2017, 06:20:17 PM »
$400k premium, you are kidding, right/

I was actually looking forward to this neighborhood, but am really disappointed they are including detached courtyard/shared driveway products in the "Reserve at Orchard Hills".  I am sure the homes will sell regardless.  Essentially $0.4M+ for the same homes that are walking distance in from the Reserve in Neighborhood II and it's not like you're getting much of a view or bigger lots.

Offline AW

• Thanks
  • -Given: 45
  • -Received: 146
« Reply #280 on: October 12, 2017, 07:58:48 PM »
Irvine is the new Newport for real estate, thanks to BTB's marketing prowess!
#givedatmanaraise

Offline irvineboy

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 4
  • -Received: 7
« Reply #281 on: October 12, 2017, 08:43:09 PM »
Pass.  Nice elevated neighborhood, probably boring floor plans and small lots.  Maybe wait for the later non Ipac builders.

Offline Jcl725

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 5
  • -Received: 2
« Reply #282 on: October 13, 2017, 09:30:31 AM »
I had some sticker shock too.  I've been waiting for OH3 for some time, but after seeing the details, I started looking at resale homes older communities like NW Point, and considering some of the newer ones OH1 and Altair.  Tustin Legacy is also starting to look more appealing :).  So many options...   

Offline Compressed-Village

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 79
  • -Received: 62
« Reply #283 on: October 13, 2017, 11:20:18 AM »
Like it or not, my sentiment is the same about Irvine Pacific pricing. However, I do give IP and Irvine builders and developers, Tolls and Five Points as a whole a lot of credits in develop and create a Master Plan communities, which result in the stratosphere pricing that we see today. The hallow affects propogate to surrounding villages, even the older one makes price sticky and marches upward. The bottom line here is that there is a wide array of products and price point. You have to be able to chew with what you bite into.

You can live in it while surely it will appreciate overtime. I can safely say that your investment in Irvine is a sounds purchase.

Offline Burn That Belly

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
« Reply #284 on: October 13, 2017, 12:41:28 PM »
I still don't know why folks are bitching and whining about the price of OH3. Let's talk about fundamentals.

A house is only worth what the comps say it's worth and then will sell at what people are willing to pay for it. OH3 will sell because people think it's worth it and this particular neighborhood is targeted towards the folks with deeper pockets. Do not treat this neighborhood like a Toyota Camry. You are buying a Porsche 911 here. Nobody bitches and whines about the price of a Porsche 911, they either buy it or don't. Irvine Co. offers you many other choices if you don't have the deep pockets. Perhaps attached homes in Portola Springs will fit your budget.

Folks who are whining are exactly the folks in the rustic belt states who voted Trump because they felt left behind. If you feel that OH3 is priced too high, that is not a pricing/market problem because these homes will sell. Rather that is an income problem with the person that is whining. You are being left behind of the rat race because the FCBs are doing dirty business making a killing. Do not expect to buy homes like this doing simple 9-5 jobs....

Irvine properties provide luxury/resort-like living amenities at a cost. That cost MUST be paid one way or another. If you can't afford it, move out of the city or buy in a dilapidated neighborhood like Deerfield. Capitalism is also based on the fact that people have to feel more empowered and richer than the other, unlike communism. With that being said, rich folks want to feel like they're entitled and their efforts are reflected in their day-to-day living. i.e. (Park their Mercedes wherever they want in the fire lane or live in elevated hills looking down on the poor). Come on now, why do you guys think the rich hollywood elite producers try to hustle every aspiring actress for sex?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 12:49:48 PM by Burn That Belly »

God Bless America

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Related Links

Recent Posts