Orchard Hills = Long Term or Short Term Home?

Legit949

Those that have bought in Orchard Hills, do you plan to stay for the short term or long term? I myself, plan to stay for 20+ years. Just need to make some friends in the Groves to play full court basketball!

We're about to sign a contract on a house in the Groves, and the plan is also stay for 20+ years.  I was also concerned about there being a lot of investors/renters in the development, but the sales consultant tells me that all are owner occupiers in my section (so far). Don't know if she's just saying that to make a sale, but I don't think it makes much sense from a cash flow perspective to buy here to rent out, so hopefully that's true. Where I live right now is very transient with lots of renters and also young families with small kids that eventually move out of their condos into SFR. We're looking for something more permanent.

Can anyone who has bought and moved into the Groves confirm whether they know of houses being bought up by investors and renting out?

nyc to oc said:
We're about to sign a contract on a house in the Groves, and the plan is also stay for 20+ years.  I was also concerned about their being investors/renters in the development, but the sales consultant tells me that all are owner occupiers in my section (so far). Don't know if she's just saying that to make a sale, but I don't think it makes much sense from a cash flow perspective to buy here to rent out.

Pre-Congrats on the new home. Would love to be able to make it to the groves one day, but with two kids and possibly another we may have to scale back on what we can pay. May I ask which tract?

nyc to oc said:
Can anyone who has bought and moved into the Groves confirm whether they know of houses being bought up by investors and renting out?

There was atleast one listing in Capella that advertised for rental per previous post.  On Bridle?

Irvine Dream said:
nyc to oc said:

There was atleast one listing in Capella that advertised for rental per previous post.  On Bridle?

It's not just the ones being rented out.  Also look for the vacant homes with no window treatments + weeds months after close of escrow.  Those are annoying.  And you know it'll eventually be a rental or a flip.  But until then, an eyesore.

Wow, folks just have too much money to be able to buy a +$1M home and have it sit there for months empty.

nyc to oc said:
We're about to sign a contract on a house in the Groves, and the plan is also stay for 20+ years.  I was also concerned about there being a lot of investors/renters in the development, but the sales consultant tells me that all are owner occupiers in my section (so far). Don't know if she's just saying that to make a sale, but I don't think it makes much sense from a cash flow perspective to buy here to rent out, so hopefully that's true. Where I live right now is very transient with lots of renters and also young families with small kids that eventually move out of their condos into SFR. We're looking for something more permanent.

I'm a current resident at the Groves and so far most > 90% of my neighbors have been younger to middle age families with kids, more americanized professionals than FCBs. 1 home was rented out but others are all owner occupied so far and seems like most of the neighbors are in it for the long run. And overall neighbors are super nice, everyone waves at each other - it's a real neighborhood feel. I think something about everyone moving into a brand new community at one time (spread over a few months) brings about a sense of community and pride of property ownership which is nice. Our long term outlook is probably to stay here for at least 5-7 years and depending on the finances and the market conditions we'll likely move up.

Congrats on your new home purchase. We love living in the Groves, the surroundings are beautiful! I just can't wait for all the construction noise and traffic to end (which will be in a few years I'm sure) and then we'll finally have some serenity. FYI my favorite days here are sunday no construction days  ;D

Yes, everyone that I've meet in the neighborhood has been nothing short of great! It's turning into a great neighborhood.

Back