Silvermist Plan 3 vs Torrey Plan 3 vs Juniper Plan 3 vs Current home

ps99472

Here are my favorites so far, gonna make some notes on plus/minus for each floorplan.  Silvermist Plan 3 (Jade) is first:

jade_zpsjf9epio9.jpg

jade1_zpscirqdoul.jpg

+Living Room/Sitting with wet bar option with fridge
+Lots of porch space for Amazon deliveries
+High ceiling in Dining Room area
+Game room option, again with wet bar with fridge plus a 2nd powder room
+Hers and Hers Master closets
+Expanded Laundry option with direct access from Master closet
+- 10' ceilings on 1st floor?

-3 turns stairs
-high ceiling entrance blocked by wall?
-small Master shower
-no upstairs loft option?
-garage entry into Great Room instead of Kitchen
-no deck option off Master?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's Torrey plan 3 (Winchester) 3646 to 3836 sq ft.

winchester_zpsgvliz3mz.jpg

winchester1_zps7jboqwxr.jpg

+10' ceilings first floor
+high ceiling entrance
+Torrey lots are good sized, better chance of getting a decent yard compared with select lots w/other builders
+Flex space option (gonna stick a row of fridges in there :)  )
+Bedroom 4 is Master bedroom sized, and also have wet bar/fridge option
+Ideal Great Room/Kitchen/Dining open configuration (i prefer 'L' shaped)
+decent loft/bonus room
+deck off bedroom 2, and the smallish deck for St. Augustine elevations
+Master closet size
+Master bath counter space

-lose kitchen counter space if you go with flex room
-3 point turn stairs (not as bad as Jade's narrow turns)
-no deck option off Master Bedroom (should be possible with CA room below, must be builder option, getting permit yourself after closing will be a PITA)
-Bath 3 is not ensuite
-Master shower is too big?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juniper Plan 3 Walnut 3,328 sq ft (not apples to apples to the other two but still doable for ps9 family)

Juniper4_zpsrqwoetco.jpg

Juniper5_zps29szsp7p.jpg

+10' 1st floor ceilings
+High ceiling entrance
+Good sized porch (but more visible for left packages)
+Master bedroom deck (not sure if i'll even be using this, but it is a nice option)
+Most Kitchen counter space of the 3
+-Kitchen island configurable?  Not sure if I like the current one. 

-no room for 2nd fridge?
-no walk-in closets for bedrooms
-loft too small?

Current Home Floorplan (use your imagination :)  ) sub 3000 sq ft

+high ceiling entrance
+living room
+dining room
+1600 sq ft of usable yard
+possible to reno loft to 700 sq ft addition to total sq ft (lose high ceilings)
+5 marketable (no reno needed) bedrooms (possible 6 with reno)
+good neighbors
+good local school and most important it's kid approved
+1/5th of BP's Mello and will get less in a few years as one of the CFDs is suppose to expire

-old
-no room for 2nd fridge in house
-small kitchen
-small loft
-needs kitchen and bathroom updates $$$
-small master closet

Tough decisions in the next few weeks.  Driving out to Kobe buffet, past the new HS, past the jail and then back to BP kinda put a damper on expectations.  And staring at the landfill view day after day is annoying.  BP will be closer to work for my wife but further for me but the 133 makes it better.  Nothing beats new, but if life is perfect why disrupt it?

I didn't read through it all but the last line caught my eye. Why rock the boat if life is "perfect"?  Also whats the monthly delta on new versus current assuming guesstimated prices at BP. Trust me, paying that MR gets old. Fast.

At least that money is going towards my daughter's school now (when i move in) versus some 'magnet' bait stem school you dangle in front of homeowners for 4-5 years before they break ground.

I would stay put.. .I think I remember where you said you lived and I love that area.  Yes it's older but it's also a little more centrally located to good food and amenities then BP is. 

Plus you have good neighbors.... chances are you'll have FCBs that hack and spit up crap on your driveway or just squat there to hang out at BP... .ugh!

ps9 said:
At least that money is going towards my daughter's school now (when i move in) versus some 'magnet' bait stem school you dangle in front of homeowners for 4-5 years before they break ground.

or you could stay where you are at and do private school at what 1K per month? vs paying an extra 45K for a public school. that is worse than paying 6K for a school that doesnt exist.

Current home market valuation is near ceiling.  At least BP has potential upside. 

@homer

Remember there were no FCBs at the meet/greet right?  Cemetery scared away all the foreigners, mostly ABCs and Diwali's :)

ps9 said:
Current home market valuation is near ceiling.  At least BP has potential upside. 

@homer

Remember there were no FCBs at the meet/greet right?  Cemetery scared away all the foreigners, mostly ABCs and Diwali's :)

If you can cash out on your property and "upgrade" to one of these homes it wouldn't be a bad idea... It's just the MR man.. ugh! Pretty hefty! But I guess you do have to pay to play!

I only went to the 3-4PM meet/greet and it was Diwali fest... so maybe you are in the clear from the FCBs... Are you ok with the location though?  I know it's not that far "distance" wise but it feeeeeels so much further out there. 

Location rules.

New is tempting but if you like your location, you should stay put. If you don't really care about your location and the monthly outlay is similar, then move.

I guess I should fade away from TI... nothing in OH, BP or HC really calls to me... maybe when they raze the shopping center in Woodbridge and build homes there.

Well after securing my BP home, I'll sell my current home, use the money to pay down/refi again.... Delta is now $2300 per month. 

$3800 per month I'm estimating at 4-6 months tops before I refi to the lower amount.

irvinehomeowner said:
Location rules.

New is tempting but if you like your location, you should stay put. If you don't really care about your location and the monthly outlay is similar, then move.

I guess I should fade away from TI... nothing in OH, BP or HC really calls to me... maybe when they raze the shopping center in Woodbridge and build homes there.

If it's Woodbridge, the builders gonna jack up the price because of the no mello,  and that area while still nice is getting long in the tooth.  How bout Eastwood?  You never know, maybe Irvine Pacific will debut a 3CWG there.  Remember they have to match the older Northwood homes next to them?  Plenty of 3CWG there.

FARMMMMMIE said:
ps9 said:

@homer

If you can cash out on your property and "upgrade" to one of these homes it wouldn't be a bad idea... It's just the MR man.. ugh! Pretty hefty! But I guess you do have to pay to play!

I only went to the 3-4PM meet/greet and it was Diwali fest... so maybe you are in the clear from the FCBs... Are you ok with the location though?  I know it's not that far "distance" wise but it feeeeeels so much further out there. 

It feels far now, really far.  But I'll adjust (I'm sure the PP folks did).  Besides, we spend more time on the weekend going up and down Jeffrey now than Culver or Jamboree.  Once the Great Park/cemetery gets built out, it should be nicer.  TIC still have an PS infill project across Irvine Blvd no?  Or is that GP?  TIC will probably stuff high density housing in those areas.

ps9 said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Location rules.

If it's Woodbridge, the builders gonna jack up the price because of the no mello,  and that area while still nice is getting long in the tooth.  How bout Eastwood?  You never know, maybe Irvine Pacific will debut a 3CWG there.  Remember they have to match the older Northwood homes next to them?  Plenty of 3CWG there.
I doubt it.

They didn't match in Northwood II.

BP plans on hold for now, looks like I'm over my debt ratio by 2% for noncontingent buyer.  The $10k mello instead of the expected $8k mello didn't help.  As well as $1.4 mil for Torrey starting price.  K.Hov and StanPac is probably out of my budget and that leaves Pulte, which is not enough pull to make me move, unless I get that lot at the end of the CDS. 

Back