Orchard Hills vs Beacon Park

as usual, it depends - but probably not good, homes are not necessarily investments. you need to live somewhere. yes its an asset but its usually your kids who reap the benefits of the asset once you die. those home prices at OH/BP seem bubbly.  if you buy now and move in 7 years (i believe this is the average home ownership period) and you are in a down market then it wasnt very good but my guess is you probably wouldnt sell it. I dont think these properties at either location will cash flow so from that perspective its not good. If you own it for 30 years i suppose that will probably work out but remember the average long term annual apprecation rate for real estate just tracks inflation, the long term average for stocks is what, 8%? If you lock in todays prices and prices continue to go up and you move to a bigger better house then the appreciation just locked you in at todays prices

As an investment, I wouldn't buy either right now, at those prices.
As a place to live, I don't think you can go wrong with either place.  Picking one will depend on things like commute, schools, floorplans, etc, etc.

Back