Da Da Shabu Shabu

Irvinecommuter

Saw sign up for Da Da Shabu Shabu in the Zion Market center (not sure what the official name is) next to Yogurtland.  It is supposed to be a buffet shabu shabu.  I recall many more of those about ten years ago but the fads seemed went away. 

I am intrigued but depends on price...Boiling Point is at $10 so a $15-18 price range would be good.  I hope that they have individual pots rather having to use one hot pot.

I believe Miyabi on Jeffrey near Kingchops has AYCE shab,  i think $20 for 1.5 hours.  Haven't tried it, don't like being throttled by the time limit.

Had fond memories of a Cantonese shabu place in Monterey park area, called "Dong Huang" or something like that (East Yellow?).  Had the best supreme soy sauce chow mein and it was AYCE shabu.  The hotpot was also two ways, it had a round dome in the middle for grilling meats and broth in the "trough" below the dome for regular shabu.  Long shot but hoping for something like that here.  I'm thinking Da Da is Chinese for big big?  Still closed but the for hire sign is up so I say open within a month.  Google fu came out with nothing (this TI thread was the first hit).  Should be a nice 1-2 dinner/yogurt land combo for my fam if the foods good.

Same thing, curious about this place too :O

I found SWSH Shabu Shabu, 2710 Alton Pkwy #213, Irvine, CA 92606 and the reviews look promising.

The name of this place cracks me up. Da Da? It's like someone asked my toddler what they should name their restaurant.

Ran into the owners about a month ago while getting yogurt land.  Korean owned, older gentleman said a few weeks but i haven't seen any changes yet.

Seems like they are finally open. From their Yelp page, it looks like weekend dinner price is $26/person. Anyone know weeknight price? I might check it out tonight.

Back