ps99472

UPDATE 8/19/15==================================================

Builder's Link:
Ryland Homes
Five Point

Pricing Info:
Plan 1 $1,126,640 (2,524 sq ft)
Plan 2 $1,181,880 (2,783 sq ft)
Plan 3 $1,189,850 $1,287,070 (3,064 sq ft) (builder raised price?)

Mello-Roos Info:
Beacon%20Park%20Mello-Roos_zpsrnypzjcf.jpg

Site Map:
39e1bd4b-0327-447f-9ed6-0c3498db403d_zpsuqdf6i0r.jpg

Oakmont_zpsf0cj66bi.jpg

3b52ff67-71b2-40a1-a51f-aafa7cbf2007_zpsfyeb2nin.jpg

The lowest priced true single family homes starts at Melody (not counting Larkspurs single story plan 1).  Plan 3 (if the pricing is accurate) starts at $388/ sq ft.  Some of the cul-de-sac lots will be huge.  I need to look at these more closely...

Looks like decent size lots (4550 sq.ft) though. Aren't they bigger than Mulberry, especially backyard.

Irvinian81 said:
Ouch....low 1M for 2500sqft. Is this an indication of the prices we can expect for BP?

Weren't PP prices this high in their last phases?  If so, why would you guys expect lower prices?  It's reactions like this, that I think greenwood will sell pretty well. If ones initial reaction to the price is wow, I'm guessing that makes you think about alternatives.

qwerty said:
Irvinian81 said:
Ouch....low 1M for 2500sqft. Is this an indication of the prices we can expect for BP?

Weren't PP prices this high in their last phases?  If so, why would you guys expect lower prices?  It's reactions like this, that I think greenwood will sell pretty well. If ones initial reaction to the price is wow, I'm guessing that makes you think about alternatives.

Yea sagewood plan 1 is around 2500 sf and ended up being low $1m for their final couple phases.

thelandofnoland said:
2iqijw0.jpg

Anticipated from the Low $1,000,000s
Historic American Architecture
3 Plans, 49 Homes
Front Porches, California Rooms, Outdoor Kitchens, and Fireplaces in All Floorplans

love that curb appeal..

Plan 3 is my pick.

It has a little bit of a circular floor plan where the dining connects with the kitchen, a large bonus room and dual master closets.

Seems like these BP homes have features I like.

After touring these, I now understand how the minimum lot size is 4,600 sq ft. The homes are wide. So a setback might not look too big on paper for a 4,600 sq ft lot, but the lot is wide. I didn't take a tape measure, but the block wall in the models felt like it was a ~15' setback.

Looking at a pic, I might have been generous with the 15' estimate. This is a pic from inside, and that wall is close. Nearly half of the lots on the siteplan appear to have very similar setbacks to the models.

Attachments

• Oakmont.JPG
    Oakmont.JPG
    159.4 KB · Views: 548
Is that the one with the bottom stair sticking out, which happen to be wood / sharp corners / bad for kids? 
I thought they needed to have rounded corners and carpeted to make it more friendly for customers with little ones

AW said:
Is that the one with the bottom stair sticking out, which happen to be wood / sharp corners / bad for kids? 
I thought they needed to have rounded corners and carpeted to make it more friendly for customers with little ones

Don't remember, I opened the front door halfway then closed it.  It's this one, the plan 1 where two steps from the front door and you're in the kitchen. 

I guess I don't like wide/Mulberry like homes.  At least Mulberry had 10 ft ceilings.  That made it bearable.

Weird, Ryland sales doesn't give out price sheets for phase release?  Night and day treatment compared to Pulte.  Supposedly lots 1-10 are up for grabs and 2 out of 3 plan 3's are 'reserved'. 

I kinda like the dual door roll up garage feature, but you'll lose storage space.

Back