Favorite Restaurants

ps99472

Here are some restaurants we frequent in Irvine:

1.  Tasty Noodle, service is still atrocious when busy, I still call in about 45 minutes before pick up, 1 hour if you order pot stickers/shanghai baos, but damn they're tasty

2.  Kingchops, this is new, didn't expect to be this good.  Got food from here 2 out of 3 days.  Need to slow down though, they have a limited menu and will get tired of it soon.  This will probably be on our weekly rotation take out dinner/lunch for next day spot.

3.  Luna Grill, still best bang for the buck especially on Tuesdays.  This usually feeds us for dinner and at least 2 lunches the next few days.  Flat cut chicken is the best.  They recently changed the kids size meals, but not enough to deter us.

4.  Spicy City, we only get the cold stuff in the point point display near the register.  The seaweed and potato like string thingy is spot on.  Smoked chicken is decent too but I fear how they prepare it and don't want to know.  If you like to torture your stomach, get their signature szechuan chili fried chicken pieces.  It's crazy umami, but you will probably die early as a result of eating that too much.  I'm still recovering, last had it 2 years ago.

5.  Sagami, we actually banned this place for quite awhile, but recently decide to give it another shot.  We were upset they didn't like how we brought juice for our little one (she was like 3 at the time).  But the problem is they didn't have regular juice for kids.  We're ok with them now and my kid likes Calpico which they carry.  Anyways, for the most authentic Japanese food in Irvine, eat here.  Menu is way too complicated, and if you want the chanko nabe, you have to order in advance!  And no they do not have Sriracha rolls here.

6.  Ren, decent portions for the price, again when you can pick up dinner and lunch for the next few days and the food is tasty garlicky, winner winner chinese dinner

stop by Tasty Noodle today.  the food is good and price is cheap.

we stopped by around 1pm and wait is around 30 minutes.  my only complain is the wait and they DO sell stinky tofu.  both adjacent tables ordered the stinky tofu.

In no particular order:

1)  Yigah:  We like the simplicity and the portion size.  No frills and has all the Korean dishes we like.

2)  101 Noodle:  Grungy but tasty food.  Service is fairly friendly.  Good value for what you get and decent variety.

3)  SW:  Like all Chinese food places, you need to figure out what they are good at.  We like their fried rice/chow fun/chow mein.  Good value.

4)  La Sirena:  Best Mexican food in Irvine IMO.  Good and friendly service.  Tasty and good variety.  Plus to have environmentally friendly sourced foods.

5)  Makino:  For the occasional special occasions when we feel like indulging.  Good variety.

6)  All the BBQ:  Best ACYE BBQ outside of LA.

7)  Souplantation:  Excellent way to get veggies and fruit into your body.  Excellent family restaurant and extremely good value, especially Sunday Brunch.

If you want to splurge, can't beat Maestro's in Costa Mesa.

Irvinecommuter said:
In no particular order:

1)  Yigah:  We like the simplicity and the portion size.  No frills and has all the Korean dishes we like.

2)  101 Noodle:  Grungy but tasty food.  Service is fairly friendly.  Good value for what you get and decent variety.

3)  SW:  Like all Chinese food places, you need to figure out what they are good at.  We like their fried rice/chow fun/chow mein.  Good value.

4)  La Sirena:  Best Mexican food in Irvine IMO.  Good and friendly service.  Tasty and good variety.  Plus to have environmentally friendly sourced foods.

5)  Makino:  For the occasional special occasions when we feel like indulging.  Good variety.

7)  Souplantation:  Excellent way to get veggies and fruit into your body.  Excellent family restaurant and extremely good value, especially Sunday Brunch.

I use to think it was Maestro's too...but then I realized it's Mastro's.  Maestro's was a Japanese restaurant in Mitsuwa that turned into the udon place that people here don't like eating their tempura because it's been out for a few hours.

zubs said:
Irvinecommuter said:
In no particular order:

I use to think it was Maestro's too...but then I realized it's Mastro's.  Maestro's was a Japanese restaurant in Mitsuwa that turned into the udon place that people here don't like eating their tempura because it's been out for a few hours.

LOL...you're definitely right.  I got it stuck in my head that it's Maestro's for some reason...Mastro's it is.

Fukada, Annpoorna, Vishnu, Santouka, Thai Cafe (tom yum noodle soup), Shik Do Rak, Thuan Kieu Noodle and Grill, Cucina Enoteca, Tasty Garden, iTea (porkchop rice), Cali Fish Grill, Tang 190.

Back