Plan 2
e7ch1v.jpg

Plan 3
10n9q1v.jpg

Plan 4
10ehfkm.jpg

Site Plan
24wzorr.jpg

More square feet but very close to the Pulte Hawthorn plan one in PP.

The salesperson told me prices would start at around 1.3M which seems high for the single story to me.

I'm actually liking these K.Hov homes.  Plan 2 at first seems like an auto disqual with the master down, but it can work.  I'm expecting a La Vita plan 4 entrance effect with that much head room.

Plan 3 is one of my favorites on paper.  Big surprise it's similar to my current house.  And what is that I see....a living room??? Thought those are extinct.  Master closet with direct access to laundry room is priceless.  I would keep the sitting room and add the wet bar option.  Go with the game room and also the wet bar option.  And of course the expanded laundry with door to master closet.  It would've been perfect if we can have a deck of the masters and an additional upstairs loft.  Should have enough room over the CA room for the deck addition, hopefully it will be an option.  As for the loft, if I ever get tired of the high ceiling over the dining room, I can call loft crafters. 

Don't care for plan 1 nor 4

ps9 said:
I'm actually liking these K.Hov homes.  Plan 2 at first seems like an auto disqual with the master down, but it can work.  Plan 3 is one of my favorites on paper.
Plan 2-Citrine is pretty much the same as Plan 1 -Melody in Harmony Tract in PP.  Plan 3 looks like a slight twist on Plan 2 in Harmony

Their other 1 story is $1m for 1,9xx sq ft.  $525/sq ft on a shell of a house.  Wow.

I haven't lived in a house as small as 2800 sq feet since I sold my townhome in 1981. Doubt it will feel like an urban retreat especially with only 4 bedrooms, no bonus room and a two car garage.

Ready2Downsize said:
I haven't lived in a house as small as 2800 sq feet since I sold my townhome in 1981. Doubt it will feel like an urban retreat especially with only 4 bedrooms, no bonus room and a two car garage.

Well boo-hoo for you.  I guess somebody isn't ready to downsize after all.

No, I'm ready but I just think that for $1.4 million these one stories will not sell like hotcakes.

Hawthorne had one stories that were a little under 2500 sq feet (basically the same floor plan with one less bedroom) and they didn't sell like hotcakes at all. In fact the last few were changed to one of their other floor plans before they sold out.

The price was under 1.1 million.

So for an additional $300K and one extra bedroom I doubt these are going to be quick to move.

But maybe I'm wrong.

And it just amazes me that as yards get smaller and houses get ever closer to the fence and their neighbors what we think a retreat is. Maybe if I were a hermit and never ventured outside my house and didn't have anyone else living in my house I could think it was a retreat.

And I AM downsizing......... losing nearly 250 sq feet, nearly half my lot size and going from a four car garage to a two car garage. Everything I need will be downstairs and the extra rooms I won't be using are all upstairs.

Not going to be a retreat by any means. I go on vacation for that.

I can move the tax basis from my current house to the new house and in effect have the property taxes based on $735,000 plus mello if I were to sell my current house and pay cash plus every upgrade offered, put in a nice yard (who couldn't when there is barely a yard) for cash and still have some left over but I won't do it at $1.4 million for a 2800 sq foot single story home.

Ready2Downsize said:
I can move the tax basis from my current house to the new house and in effect have the property taxes based on $735,000 plus mello if I were to sell my current house

How do you move the tax basis from one house to another?  So you can buy a house for $1.3 million and still have it taxed based on your current house value of $785K?  What is the criteria?

Irvine Dream said:
Ready2Downsize said:
I can move the tax basis from my current house to the new house and in effect have the property taxes based on $735,000 plus mello if I were to sell my current house

How do you move the tax basis from one house to another?  So you can buy a house for $1.3 million and still have it taxed based on your current house value of $785K?  What is the criteria?
http://patch.com/california/belmont-ca/bp--how-to-keep-your-current-property-tax-base-when-you-move

You'd think it'd be a discount passed on to the consumer as it's cheaper to build but nooooooo...

Irvine Dream said:
Ready2Downsize said:

Proposition 60 which was passed in 1986 allows it under certain conditions.

You have to buy a house for less than or equal to the house you sold and one of the people selling must be at least 55. I think you might also have had to own it for at least two years but not sure on the last part.

Mello isn't included. The best situation would be to buy a place with no mello, equal in price to the one you are selling (with a huge increase in price over what it was purchased for).

It's a once in a lifetime thing.

Back