Kobe Buffet

socal78

Moving this conversation over here from the Baker Ranch thread per request.

Kobe Buffet in Foothill Ranch is now open for business. They opened their doors for the first time last night.

Attention, Ps9: I am told they serve "Sea Snails"! I knew you'd like that.  :)

The only other information I have at this time is that it is Asian-themed, has a lot of seafood, a cook-to-order steak section, and one guy I talked to said the food is good. I am trying to find out pricing information and will update if I hear anything.

Here are the hours:

M-Th 10:30 a.m. - 9:30 p.m.
Fri-Sun 10:30 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.

SoCal said:
Moving this conversation over here from the Baker Ranch thread per request.

Kobe Buffet in Foothill Ranch is now open for business.

Attention, Ps9: I am told they serve "Sea Snails"! I knew you'd like that.  :)

The only other information I have at this time is that it is Asian-themed, has a lot of seafood, a cook-to-order steak section, and one guy I talked to said the food is good. I am trying to find out pricing information and will update if I hear anything.

Here are the hours:

M-Th 10:30 a.m. - 9:30 p.m.
Fri-Sun 10:30 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.

thanks.. will try it out one day.  Hopefully it's good.  The only buffet like this that I go to is that Makino place near john wayne. 

I checked the place while we were on our way to Chili's nearby last weekend.  If I remember correctly, the price is $12.99 for weekday lunch, $19.99 dinner, $21.99 weekend.  There seems a lot of food choices (way much more than Makino).  The cook to order steak also seems intriguing.  But we were not very hungry at that time and was craving for nachos so we passed .. maybe next time.

Okay, I just called. It was very difficult for me to understand the accent but this is my best attempt at an English translation. Don't shoot me if the prices are different than what I post here. I repeated the info back and she said "yes" so I think it is pretty accurate. Mainly had trouble understanding the times of day.

Lunch M-F: $12.99
Dinner M-Th: $19.99
Dinner Friday & All hours of the weekend: $21.99
Lunch - Children ages 2-3: $5.00
Lunch - Children ages 3-5: $6.50(?)
Dinner - Children 2-3: $7.00
Dinner - Children 3-5: $10.00

Drinks not included. Soda: $1.99

Beer is not served at this time. I asked if that's because they are waiting on their Liquor License. She said yes, I think. They hope to have it next week.

I had to get their number the old-fashioned way and pay for a 411 operator to search for it. Here, somebody else can use it for free if you need it:

(949) 380-0598

Aren't sea snails poisonous?  :) I would go there sooner than later:  the older the buffet is the lower the quality becomes

yaliu07 said:
You guys forget the most important thing.  What is the Address?  :)

Kobe Buffet
26772 Portola Pkwy, Foothill Ranch, CA 92610
(949) 380-0598

I'll race you there. :)

I actually ate at the Kobe buffet in Azusa years ago before they closed.  They had a Mongolian BBQ station, lots of Panda Express type steam trays, fruits, ice cream..  The steam trays weren't that bad but I'm not too picky when it comes to AYCE.  Remembered they had a steamed fish filet with ginger scallion soy sauce kinda like the canto restaurants but dumbed down.  It was delicious with rice.  If this is the same restaurant opening in Foothill Ranch I will be a patron. 

Cool, looks like the old Azusa place.  I wonder if the weekend buffet will have more quality items. 

How come I don't see the 30 day challenge people in this thread? :)

eyephone said:
lnc said:
I didn't make it but the first Yelp review is in.
http://www.yelp.com/biz/kobe-buffet-lake-forest

Review provided good information. However, I think too much info. (What type is credit card it takes, the hours, prices, every food that it offers)
Considering they don't have a proper website, I like all the information that Yelper provided.

Funny how these Asian buffets go by height rather than age now for kids (Makino also does this).

Too bad my Austrian heritage puts my one kid over 5 feet tall.

Heightism!

irvinehomeowner said:
eyephone said:
lnc said:
I didn't make it but the first Yelp review is in.
http://www.yelp.com/biz/kobe-buffet-lake-forest

Review provided good information. However, I think too much info. (What type is credit card it takes, the hours, prices, every food that it offers)
Considering they don't have a proper website, I like all the information that Yelper provided.

Funny how these Asian buffets go by height rather than age now for kids (Makino also does this).

Heightism!

Don't you think that it may be a friend or relative of the restaurant?

Could be, but she's an 'elite' and her other reviews don't have a pattern.

How does Makinos prices compare?

Oh my gosh, you are kidding. That is HEIGHT, not AGE? WTH. That is the weirdest thing I've ever heard of. No wonder I was confused when I was on the phone with them yesterday because that would be a strange way to break down the age groups however I couldn't have imaged anything else it could mean. The height thing is definitely an uncustomary way to do it here.

irvinehomeowner said:

Heightism!

I know, right? Same here. Both my kids are taller than their peers and are the tallest in the class despite being on the younger side (spring and summer babies). When I was a kid, my mom had to bring my birth certificate everywhere to prove my age, for example when buying park admission at Disneyland and Knott's to get the proper rate. I suppose the height guide takes care of that! But not in a great way!  ???

Back