Which would you choose?

roya1f1ush

Hey everyone! It's wonderful to be able to hear from people who seem to really know Irvine. We're relocating from northern California and felt like a bit of expert advice was in order when we were choosing between two different lots within Irvine at different communities. We'd really appreciate it if we can get some honest opinions from you which you would move forward with between the two! Thanks in advance!

1) Plan 3 within Lafayette at Stonegate with awesome open floor plan, 3000 sq ft, no house behind the lot, 16 ft backyard, roughly $1.2 with options.

2) Plan 3 within non-gated Orchard Hills at Strada with a less impressive floor plan, no views from lot directly but has the orchard hills surroundings, 2800 sq ft, houses directly behind you and next to you, 15 ft backyard, roughly $1.2 with options.

roya1f1ush said:
Hey everyone! It's wonderful to be able to hear from people who seem to really know Irvine. We're relocating from northern California and felt like a bit of expert advice was in order when we were choosing between two different lots within Irvine at different communities. We'd really appreciate it if we can get some honest opinions from you which you would move forward with between the two! Thanks in advance!

1) Plan 3 within Lafayette at Stonegate with awesome open floor plan, 3000 sq ft, no house behind the lot, 16 ft backyard, roughly $1.2 with options.

2) Plan 3 within non-gated Orchard Hills at Strada with a less impressive floor plan, no views from lot directly but has the orchard hills surroundings, 2800 sq ft, houses directly behind you and next to you, 15 ft backyard, roughly $1.2 with options.

Let the accusations begin that this is a Richmond American Sales Mole

Just some good food for thought for later phases while we wait. I think the sales person told us that the Lafayette home was already taken though. I know that no home behind is a rare luxury in Irvine (even in Norcal of course).

Personally speaking, I prefer the OH community with the greenbelts and current amenities. It's up on a hill which is similar to where I live now.

id choose lafayette at stonegate.  great floorplan and sounds like a nice lot.  Plus, no issues whether schooling is in Tustin or Irvine.

I'd choose Lafayette plan 3.  One thing to note...not that design center credits are common these days, but Richmond American Homes may have some flexibility, whereas Irvine Pacific does not budge at all.

Based on exactly what you described, I would probably pick Lafayette.

Disclaimer:  I do not work for Richmond America or Irvine Pacific.  I also do not live in either Stonegate or Orchard Hills.  My kids do not go to school in either TUSD or IUSD.  I have visited both developments.  All opinions expressed are my own.

bones said:
Based on exactly what you described, I would probably pick Lafayette.

Disclaimer:  I do not work for Richmond America or Irvine Pacific.  I also do not live in either Stonegate or Orchard Hills.  My kids do not go to school in either TUSD or IUSD.  I have visited both developments.  All opinions expressed are my own.

Toll Brothers Troll!!!!  >:D

OH over SG any day of the week and twice on Sunday's.  With SG, you really could be anywhere, there's nothing to differentiate it from any other SoCal development.

I prefer to live in the hills like everyone else but there is some pros to living on the "prairie".

1. You do get views... just of the mountains not from them.
2. Easily walkable by young ones and older ones.
3. Centrally located.

I think Stonegate is actually a nicely laid out area. Seems less crowded (at least on the SFR side) than Woodbury and Cypress Village, but I haven't been there in a while.

Disclaimer: I don't live in Stonegate. Or I might.

#IrvineDreamProofing

irvinehomeowner said:

#IrvineDreamProofing

Or  #EyephoneProofing  (Quote from Eyephone on a previous post-
So there's a Toll Brothers National Sales Event with limited time incentives (whatever that means). I assume your looking at Cortese?)

Irvine Dream said:
irvinehomeowner said:

#IrvineDreamProofing

Or  #EyephoneProofing  (Quote from Eyephone on a previous post-
So there's a Toll Brothers National Sales Event with limited time incentives (whatever that means). I assume your looking at Cortese?)

Actually when I think about it, its either Cortese or Positano. Since he doesn't like the Estates. (I call it how I see it)

roya1f1ush said:
Just some good food for thought for later phases while we wait. I think the sales person told us that the Lafayette home was already taken though. I know that no home behind is a rare luxury in Irvine (even in Norcal of course).

Don't really get it why people can be so blindly to compare sites without open up a map to study.
Shouldn't this Lafayette the worst location out of Stonegate (a.k.a. Landfill-Gate)?
It opens to the main (rather only) entrance of landfill.
It corners to Portola and Jeffery crossing street to an electricity station.
Central location? come on!
Will this even NHS when Portola High is up?

Layfayette is easy walking to JOST so I would prefer it to neighborhoods on the Sand Canyon end of Stonegate.  JOST is a great feature and being able to access it without driving is really cool.  If a nice looking neighborhood matters to you, Strada is pretty amazing but you pay a premium for that environment.

Yardmatters said:
roya1f1ush said:

Don't really get it why people can be so blindly to compare sites without open up a map to study.
Shouldn't this Lafayette the worst location out of Stonegate (a.k.a. Landfill-Gate)?

I'd have to agree, hands down OH. Personally, it would just drive me crazy to pay so much for a home and know I'm at the entrance of a landfill. I know the actually landfill is behind Portola Springs but doesn't matter, my guest will just think, "why the hell did they pay this much to live by the landfill? What were they thinking?"

irvinehomeowner said:
I prefer to live in the hills like everyone else but there is some pros to living on the "prairie".

1. You do get views... just of the mountains not from them.
2. Easily walkable by young ones and older ones.
3. Centrally located.

I think Stonegate is actually a nicely laid out area. Seems less crowded (at least on the SFR side) than Woodbury and Cypress Village, but I haven't been there in a while.

#IrvineDreamProofing

Agree with IHO.  Depending on the age of children and what you are looking to do, flat might be better.  Our kids are very young and we really enjoy being able to walk throughout Woodbury.  In OH, I doubt we would walk to the shopping center as much as we do in WB.

Regarding Stonegate being less crowded, I think its due to the fact that all the houses face inward and you are walking along walls.  It feels colder and more empty to me but maybe others prefer that.

And to Yardmatters point, some areas of Stonegate are really loud and there have been people coming on TI complaining about the nonstop roar of garbage trucks.  I would avoid anything too close to Sand Canyon and Portola.

OC troll said:
Yardmatters said:
roya1f1ush said:

I'd have to agree, hands down OH. Personally, it would just drive me crazy to pay so much for a home and know I'm at the entrance of a landfill. I know the actually landfill is behind Portola Springs but doesn't matter, my guest will just think, "why the hell did they pay this much to live by the landfill? What were they thinking?"

I could also imagine my guest thinking at OH, "why the hell did they pay this much to live so sandwiched in between neighbors on such a tiny lot? I could hear the next door neighbors every time they open a door, or throw a dinner party."
Another thing I realized is that Lambert Ranch homes in Portola Springs is even closer to the landfill than SG but their homes sold for $1.6-1.9M albeit there are views. This is the current situation over there:http://www.irvinerealestate.com/listing/oc15008020-52-peacevine-irvine-ca-92618/
People talk about OH being such a nice environment, but when I think about putting down a $100K premium more on a lot than SG for a house that's sardined and is smaller, I start doubting myself...lol
I think this thread is slowly turning into a OH vs. SG debate, but I wanted to ask on a more detailed level between the two choices of homes at the beginning of the thread. I see both Strada and Lafayette having their pros and cons though. :p

Back