New Home - Design Center Credits & Negotiation

shiog

Hello,

I think we can all agree that upgrades from the builder's design center are more expensive  :mad:  What I'm curious about though, is how much design center credit was everyone able to negotiate for? Ex. 1-3% of your home price?

I'm also curious to see if and how people were able to haggle the upgrade's price successfully at the design center.

Thanks!  ;D

shiog said:
Hello,

I think we can all agree that upgrades from the builder's design center are more expensive  :mad:  What I'm curious about though, is how much design center credit was everyone able to negotiate for? Ex. 1-3% of your home price?

I'm also curious to see if and how people were able to haggle the upgrade's price successfully at the design center.

Thanks!  ;D
Unfortunately, for the most part, the times of being able to get design center upgrade credits have come and gone with most all builders due to stable demand.  Also, I really doubt that the design will be willing to negotiate on their prices.  Your best bet would be to get things like flooring, window coverings, ceiling fans, crown moldings, etc AFTER you close with a 3rd party contractor. 

Builders' design centers are not structured to accommodate any haggling or pricing adjustments.  It's rare to get any sort of discount for listed options.  There may be a little wiggle room for customer designer upgrades (those not listed on the standard list), but those will be priced 200-400% higher than post-construction options, so a discount on that is a non-factor.

Back