Mexican kid gets accepted to all 8 Ivy Leagues

socal78

Congratulations, Qwerty. The value of your sperm just shot up exponentially. It's time to launch that baby-daddy / college application business you've been wanting to open for some time now.

FULLERTON STUDENT, SON OF MEXICAN IMMIGRANTS, ACCEPTED TO ALL 8 IVY LEAGUE SCHOOLS

"Along with the Ivy League schools, Fernando Rojas also got into Stanford, UC Irvine and Cal State Fullerton."

10665901_10152753831927452_8419928800049013283_n.jpg

http://abc7.com/education/fullerton-student-accepted-to-all-8-ivy-league-schools/662595/

And you guys think only Asians are smart :)

As of 11pm tonight I will be accepting reservations and deposits to gaurantee your kid Ivy League admission.  Socal, bones and paris - this offer is free for you :)

Please go online and register at www.qwertydaddy.com

The only question I have is why did this extremely smart guy bother applying to CS Fullerton and taking a slot away from another IUSD student?  :p

he got accepted into UCI. does that mean he could possibly be rejected from UCLA/UCB ?
i think most likely he got a fee waiver and maybe even a full ride to the Ivies. congratulations to him. looks like it's normal to apply to all 8 ivies these days? personally i don't think it's a good idea unless you want to depress yourself.

He has everything that the Ivies wanted: Mexican, first generation attending college, inspired to go into politic, smart, valedictorian, non hyped high school, not entitled, lower socioeconomic, parents don't speak English, does not get dropped off at the school curb in luxury German or luxury Japanese car, parents could not afford to provide academic tutors, shockingly he rides a public bus to school, his parents have no computer access at work, he is ambitious, out going and outspoken, and above all his essay was about his life not dramatized fiction written for him by a team of college consultants.

Great read.  I guess it's not necessarily a Cinderella ending right then just because they got accepted to Harvard or the other Ivy schools.  Real life issues still follow.  Hopefully, most get over them.

It's sad that now the couple thousand in grants add so little at colleges like this. 

bones said:
Next step, this:

What is it like to be poor at an Ivy League school?  Pretty long and boring read but the gist is, not great.  Be prepared to wait in a different line to pick up free tickets.  Be prepared to be friends with other poor people.  So on and so forth.
http://www.bostonglobe.com/magazine...ague-school/xPtql5uzDb6r9AUFER8R0O/story.html

qwerty said:
As of 11pm tonight I will be accepting reservations and deposits to gaurantee your kid Ivy League admission.  Socal, bones and paris - this offer is free for you :)

Please go online and register at www.qwertydaddy.com

Thank you very much for the offer but I don't want to confuse my kids. I've already told them that Iho is their new daddy. He has Native American blood. Native American trumps Mexican. I have an appointment scheduled at J.C. Penney Portrait Studio to take our family photo to staple to college applications.

So now I'm either Austrian, Native American, Jewish, Chinese, Filipino, Korean, Persian or Mexican.

Or is that just the kinds of food I like to eat?

irvinehomeowner said:
So now I'm either Austrian, Native American, Jewish, Chinese, Filipino, Korean, Persian or Mexican.

Wonderful! Can you please bring all of those genes to our family photo tonight? Thanks! I'll be able to just run a pen straight down the whole entire race column on the kids' application. Check, check, check!

Qwerty, if it's not too late to change my mind, I just remembered I'm going to need you after all. I completely forgot that Iho is only 25 years old!! That would totally make me look like a COUGAR! Blech. My fake baby daddy needs to be at least my own age or older. Hurry to JCP portrait studio at the ghetto Laguna Hills Mall! My kids will be the tall, white ones wearing sombreros and shaking maracas.

I can relate to the poor kid. That was me when I attended college and it was not even an Ivy. Not being assertive, confident and low self esteem thus afraid to ask for help were a common trait for kids from lower socio economic environment. My kid is exactly the opposite thus her college life is much more rewarding. Having money do make a huge difference on campus and it does contribute to a higher quality of life and social experiences. Especially the top ranked campuses prejudice against the poor is notorious. When the campus is next to a bunch of high end boutiques the poor students can really feel that they don't really belong there.

bones said:
Next step, this:

What is it like to be poor at an Ivy League school?  Pretty long and boring read but the gist is, not great.  Be prepared to wait in a different line to pick up free tickets.  Be prepared to be friends with other poor people.  So on and so forth.
http://www.bostonglobe.com/magazine...ague-school/xPtql5uzDb6r9AUFER8R0O/story.html

Black kid also gets accepted to all 8 Ivies plus Stanford, Johns Hopkins, and New York University.

AND HE REJECTED THEM ALL!

Too poor. The Ivies offered too little in aid. He picked University of Alabama because they will give him a full ride.

For me, this begs the question... why the heck did he apply in the first place if he knew he couldn't afford it? Link below.
http://abc7.com/education/tennessee-student-rejects-all-8-ivy-league-schools/729310/

If he would have sounded black he probably would have a gotten a full ride into one of the ivies :)

Sounds like one of his parents is a dr so probably wasn't getting much in the way of need based aid. Still surprised he didn't get a full ride from one of the schools given that he is black.

I guess since he is going to medical school not going to an ivy isn't a big deal. I'm sure he will find a way to work into his medical school application/interview that he got into all Ivy schools. Part of me wants to say that if he didn't decide to go to one of the ivies or Stanford he probably isn't that smart :)

Back