What is being built on the corner of Trabuco and Jeffrey?

mchow81

What is being built on the corner of Trabuco and Jeffrey? It's a small plot of land. I see a parking lot paved already.

Anyone know?

Irvinian81 said:
What is a lucky park? Reading the thread makes it seem like it will be a senior center.

He was referring to the thread id containing "888", which is a lucky number for Chinese folk. :)

do you know who will run that montessori school?  and when are these supposed to open?

Is it a coincidence that Montessori rhymes with FCB?

It's funny, I was talking to another Montessori parent and he said that the families are different now... he said they can't speak English (as he told this to me with a heavy Asian accent).

IHO what does FCB and montessori have to do with each other?  There has been a huge child care shortage in Irvine and everything has a long wait list.  Regardless of teaching style, more child care centers is needed.

rkp said:
IHO what does FCB and montessori have to do with each other?  There has been a huge child care shortage in Irvine and everything has a long wait list.  Regardless of teaching style, more child care centers is needed.
More FCB population in Irvine means more preschool care is needed.

But have you noticed that most of the new ones that open up are "Montessori"? The new one off of Culver/Alton is actually a Chinese immersion Montessori.

Why aren't we seeing more KinderCares or ChildTimes?

irvinehomeowner said:
rkp said:

But have you noticed that most of the new ones that open up are "Montessori"? The new one off of Culver/Alton is actually a Chinese immersion Montessori.

That's bc montessori is super trendy for the FCB set. I don't care for more kindercares but other methodology ones would be good. Waldorf, Reggio, other play based types, etc.  Not every parent or child wants/is suitable for a montessori education.

irvinehomeowner said:
rkp said:

There are at least four Kindercare's in Irvine and at least three TutorTimes in Irvine among others.. so its not really montessori only but really childcare in general.

We were thinking of moving our daughter to the Chinese Immersion in Culver/Alton.  Aside from waiting list, it's a Leport Montessori school so tuition is on  the high end and out of the way to work for MrsGH, so not really sure if it is really worth it.  We'll probably just send her to Irvine Chinese School or Little Dynasty on weekends  :)

irvinehomeowner said:
rkp said:

I actually looked into this..there are only 3 daycares that have closed in Irvine in the last 10 years.  Two were Tutor Times and the third was the Montessori school that closed because Lennar (Five Point Communities) didn't renew the lease for the Great Park Neighborhoods.  One of The Tutor Times eventually became a Leport school (San Marino) and the other Tutor time became Prestige Preschool Academy (Royal Oak).  Seems like you can't go wrong with Montessori in Irvine.  Granted lack of closure does not equal success, but no closures of Montessori school except due to a lease seems like a good track record.  The Tutor Times (I would lump KinderCare and ChildTime into the TutorTime category since it is the same owner for ChildTime and TutorTime) don't appear to have the same success rate as Montessori Schools in Irvine.

Back