Best Selling Community in Orchard Hills?

thelandofnoland said:
OH is nearing their annual progress report, but here is a preview:

Entrata          39 homes                          123 homes total in tract
Vista Scena    36 homes                          195 homes total in tract
Corte Bella    111 homes (Build-Out)        118 homes total in tract
Terrazza        38 homes                          149 homes total in tract
Strada          77 homes                          224 homes total in tract

Capella          27 homes                          72 homes total in tract
La Vita          41 homes                          72 homes total in tract
Messina        19 homes                          102 homes total in tract
Vicenza          ???                                    91 homes total in tract (I know it says otherwise...)
Saviero          ???                                    90 homes total in tract (I know it says otherwise...)
Amelia          ???                                    78 homes total in tract
Trevi              37 homes (Sold Out)          37 homes total in tract

These numbers are undoubtedly very off. I question that only 19 homes are sold in Messina by now and that Corte Bella has sold that fast (one source claims build-out, another claims that about 80 homes are sold). Either way, Corte Bella is selling very quickly.

So there's only 78 homes in Amelia and total 37 homes in Trevi?  On the original OH map there was another section of homes marked for Amelia & Trevi, east of the current section & adjacent to the guard gate.  Did TNHC decide not to move forward w/ those lots?

025d1daf2f471053dbc4acf1c6cccd0a_zps17ffaedc.jpg

gaysian said:
thelandofnoland said:

Capella          27 homes                          72 homes total in tract
Messina        19 homes                          102 homes total in tract
Vicenza          ???                                    91 homes total in tract (I know it says otherwise...)
Saviero          ???                                    90 homes total in tract (I know it says otherwise...)
Amelia          ???                                    78 homes total in tract
Trevi              37 homes (Sold Out)          37 homes total in tract

These numbers are undoubtedly very off. I question that only 19 homes are sold in Messina by now and that Corte Bella has sold that fast (one source claims build-out, another claims that about 80 homes are sold). Either way, Corte Bella is selling very quickly.

So there's only 78 homes in Amelia and total 37 homes in Trevi?  On the original OH map there was another section of homes marked for Amelia & Trevi, east of the current section & adjacent to the guard gate.  Did TNHC decide not to move forward w/ those lots?

025d1daf2f471053dbc4acf1c6cccd0a_zps17ffaedc.jpg

TNHC is proceeding with that area. It's Amelia & Trevi 2.0.

thelandofnoland said:

Capella          27 homes                          72 homes total in tract (does not include Capella II)
Messina        19 homes                          102 homes total in tract (I know it says otherwise...)
Vicenza          ???                                    91 homes total in tract
Amelia          ???                                    153 homes total in tract (I know it says otherwise...)
Trevi              37 homes                          110 homes total in tract (I know it says otherwise...)

Where is Capella II located?

Curious,  how come  Amelia & Trevi, most expensive homes are on TUSD side?  When FCB are TUSD repellent and they are the potential buyers. Who is buying homes in Orhard Hills or any 1m+ homes in Irvine.

Would you call it bad planning on builder end? Or  is it just a perception about FCBs or Asian buyers that they like to be on IUSD side?

Sunnyirvine said:
Curious,  how come  Amelia & Trevi, most expensive homes are on TUSD side?  When FCB are TUSD repellent and they are the potential buyers. Who is buying homes in Orhard Hills or any 1m+ homes in Irvine.

Would you call it bad planning on builder end? Or  is it just a perception about FCBs or Asian buyers that they like to be on IUSD side?

It's called bad planning.

Sunnyirvine said:

The Groves that is now selling is West Groves, part of TUSD.  There will be an East Gove on the IUSD side of OH.  If you must have IUSD, wait for East Grove, it will be utterly spectacular.

I am not in the market. But curious  after all the talk about FCB and Asians being the potential buyers for Irvine real estate and repellent to TUSD. How come TUSD side selling 1m+ homes?

Sunnyirvine said:

People dropping 2-3MM on Amelia & Trevi could care less about TUSD v. IUSD. Bad planning, give me a break.

yeah if are buying a 2-3M house school districts dont mean shit. for those folks, IUSD may as well be the santa ana school district. the IUSD side of OH is the riff raff in the neighborhood.

Happiness said:
Sunnyirvine said:

The Groves that is now selling is West Groves, part of TUSD.  There will be an East Gove on the IUSD side of OH.  If you must have IUSD, wait for East Grove, it will be utterly spectacular.

Are you referring the neighborhood 3 as East Grove? 

That's interesting, I thought the neighborhood 3 is going to be called Orchard Hill Estate. 

Attachments

• Orchard Hills 3.jpg
    Orchard Hills 3.jpg
    296.3 KB · Views: 1,219
High end buyers don't send kids to public school?
In that sense Laguna Altura sales pitch had  been Uni high,  besides Laguna Beach close proximity ( why not Newport Beach then) really mind boggling.,,

Sunnyirvine said:
High end buyers don't send kids to public school?
In that sense Laguna Altura sales pitch had  been Uni high,  besides Laguna Beach close proximity ( why not Newport Beach then) really mind boggling.,,

As a resident at the Groves, I've had the opportunity to learn more about our neighbors in Capella, La Vita, Vicenza, and Trevi with school aged children.  They are mostly Americanized Asian families, educated professionals that are well aware that the TUSD schools zoned to the Groves are excellent and just as competitive as the IUSD zones schools in that area. There are many young children in these neighborhoods and of course school is a factor - no one I have met is sending their kids to private school - I'm sure there are some out there. TUSD maybe a deterrant for some FCBs but most of us in the Groves are not FCB, we're a bit more knowledgable about the type of schools within TUSD/ IUSD and certainly TUSD was not a negative factor personally for us when choosing to purchase behind the gates. The only reason I would prefer Northwood high is for convenience because my kid could easily bike across the street to it vs > 2miles down Culver to Beckman.

That's the funny thing about OH, all the schools that service it are fine regardless of TUSD or IUSD... but the fact that they aren't exactly in the 'hood (depending on where you buy) is so inconvenient.

As bones said, this is why SG and CV have an edge in this regard.

SG and CV are not comparable in terms of beautiful and serene surroundings of Orchard Hills. OH is amazing...

I do not live in any of these communities so it is totally an unbiased opinion.

Back