great park k-8 school to be named Beacon Park

Emailed Dana Grudem at IUSD regarding/confirming Beacon Park K-8 and opening date, here's her response, about 6 minutes after I sent her the email (wow)

Hi Mr. ps9,

The school will open in August of next year (2016) and will be a K-8 school.

Sent from my iPhone

iusd%20bp_zps3ilx0zjf.jpg

So all signs point to all grades available starting with the 2016-2017 school year.  Beacon Park will have first phase move in's around the holidays (my guess).  Canyon View will be the ES in the mean time.  And most important of all, she did not misspell my name unlike another school district's CHIEF Academic Officer

Also just read that unlike the other two IUSD K-8 schools, BP will be traditional.  Good to hear, I prefer traditional vs year round.  Total of 33 classrooms and capacity for 1000 students.  No doubt they will brain drain staff from surrounding IUSD schools. 

ps9 said:
Also just read that unlike the other two IUSD K-8 schools, BP will be traditional.  Good to hear, I prefer traditional vs year round.  Total of 33 classrooms and capacity for 1000 students.  No doubt they will brain drain staff from surrounding IUSD schools.

Year round would be okay if everyone was year round.

ps9 said:

what's the difference between traditional and year round?

Traditional you get summer off from school, year round you get annoying intermittent days off during the school year, still get 1 summer month off, I think

ps9 said:
Traditional you get summer off from school, year round you get annoying intermittent days off during the school year, still get 1 summer month off, I think

You moving to BP PS9? 8)

FARMMMMMIE said:
ps9 said:

You moving to BP PS9? 8)

Just considering, like all new neighborhoods in Irvine :)

The lot size and proximity to the school make it attractive.  Being able to walk to school is priceless.  Negatives will be:

1) not gated (?)
2) toxic soil stigma
3) toll road proximity
4) paying Mr. Mello again
5) FCB neighbors (only the rude ones)

Looks like Greenwood will need to drop their prices by another 100k unless TUSD gets their act together which will be never.

ps9 said:

Pros and cons to both. I actually prefer the year round over the traditional but not by much so I could go either way.

BPS_zpsnmqe4pnv.jpg

[
bps2_zpsugfgs3b8.jpg

bps3_zpsq2gf7opo.jpg

With up to 1000 students in K-8 at Beacon Park School, morning drop off logistics will be a challenge.  Since the address is 200 Cultivate, I suspect critical mass will be near TayMo's Welton detached condos around 8:15am.  That's only if the main entrance/drop off is along Cultivate which is likely since that's the address.  Seeing all the parking shenanigans parents pull during morning drop off, I would count this as a negative for this detached condo project.  Illegal U-turns, double parking, red lane parking, fire hydrant parking, drive way blocking parking, parking in school bus zones, jay walking, and my favorite the slow 5mph glide while your kid rolls out of the minivan ninja approach... can't wait.

Back