Palo Alto in Stonegate by KB

floor plans are pretty standard, they should have offered up those second fridge and doubleshower head options.

Landfill is not that big of a deal with Stonegate,  close proximity to the entrance of the landfill off Portola Pkw woud be more of an issue, actually it's more like a nuisance.  Lambert Ranch is closest to the landfill but look how they are doing. 

The model homes and several adjacent lots actually have a view and close to JOST is a plus for Palo Alto's location. 

Attachments

• Palo Alto Model Home.jpg
    Palo Alto Model Home.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 655
qwerty said:
floor plans are pretty standard, they should have offered up those second fridge and doubleshower head options.

Double shower doesn't seem adequate, what if your wife brings a friend home???

Happiness said:
qwerty said:

Double shower doesn't seem adequate, what if your wife brings a friend home???

i think i could get by with three of us in there.

Wow that Plan 3 layout is really nice.  Checks most of my boxes.

- Huge Open Great Room
- Long Rectangular Island
- Downstairs Den for Kids Playroom
- Large Loft Upstairs
- Mudroom
- Bathroom attached to each bedroom
- Walk in Pantry

Few negatives are:
- Entry isn't open to above
- Bedroom above the garage
- Laundry room attached to Bed 3

If they have 10 ft ceilings downstairs it would be really tempting.  How much you guys think the Plan 3 will start at?  $1.4M maybe?

aquabliss said:
If they have 10 ft ceilings downstairs it would be really tempting.  How much you guys think the Plan 3 will start at?  $1.4M maybe?

Probably...apparently, it's acceptable to market anything under $1.499M as "low $1M" in Irvine...

need 2nd fridge mudroom option and shower spa with tub combo option.  Unless these have huge lots, I'll go with Lafayette. 

If you want to sell these quick... it's so simple... 3CWG. Or even just an option of a 3rd garage.

No one seemed to mention that in the $1m range, PP was the only one that had homes with a 3rd car tandem... so big lots and big garage = win.

*Technically, Mulberry has a Cali Garage... but that's also in the $1m range now.

it is the furthest away from apartments and low income housing - it is quite logical Irvine company puts the high end homes near Jefferey and Portola.

lnc said:
Landfill is not that big of a deal with Stonegate,  close proximity to the entrance of the landfill off Portola Pkw woud be more of an issue, actually it's more like a nuisance.  Lambert Ranch is closest to the landfill but look how they are doing. 

The model homes and several adjacent lots actually have a view and close to JOST is a plus for Palo Alto's location.

I agree with Aquabliss- Plan 3 layout looks good- *hopefully* it will have 10ft ceilings and decent lot size...
Do you all think that this will be a better development than the larger single family homes planned for Eastwood?  Based on the Eastwood plans, is Stonegate a better option?  Or do you all think that Orchard Hills is the best choice out of all these new developments?  [We are deciding between Stonegate, Eastwood, Orchard Hills]  Thanks!

gobears said:
I agree with Aquabliss- Plan 3 layout looks good- *hopefully* it will have 10ft ceilings and decent lot size...
Do you all think that this will be a better development than the larger single family homes planned for Eastwood?  Based on the Eastwood plans, is Stonegate a better option?  Or do you all think that Orchard Hills is the best choice out of all these new developments?  [We are deciding between Stonegate, Eastwood, Orchard Hills]  Thanks!

To give you my guess, Eastwood homes might cost more since they will be released later. If you choose OH, make sure it is zoned for IUSD. However, I would pick Stonegate.

eyephone said:
gobears said:

To give you my guess, Eastwood homes might cost more since they will be released later. If you choose OH, make sure it is zoned for IUSD. However, I would pick Stonegate.

And if Stonegate Elementary continues to perform and consistently rank at the top spot, than definitely pick Stonegate.

Old disciplines, new tech help top elementary school soar

Curious to know what people think of KB homes (compared to the other builders at Stonegate currently for sale: Richmond American, TriPointe, and Shea Homes).

KB doesn't have a really good track record with customer satisfaction.  Some blame their customer service (post construction), and some blame their build quality, but others will argue that they use the same sub-contractors as other higher rated builders, such as standard pacific, shea, or taylor.  Most of the contractors I deal with don't have positive things to say about KB homes.

Does anyone know about opening of Palo Alto in SG ? I looked at Lafayette today and thought of waiting for Palo Alto.....

Back