iPhone 7

eyephone

Rumored - iPhone 7 and 6s Release Date
"Nevertheless, Apple could launch both the iPhone 6S and iPhone 7 in separate events. According to Know Your Mobile, the iPhone 6S is touted to launch beside the Apple Watch, while the iPhone 7 is believed to come around September.
Apple has already confirmed its San Francisco event scheduled on Mar. 9, dubbed "Spring Forward." The occasion is expected to bring the much-awaited Apple Watch, so if speculations hold truth, the iPhone 6S could only be days away.
The Daily Mail wrote earlier, "Apple could release the iPhone 6S to people who want to upgrade to a slightly cheaper model, before announcing its flagship iPhone 7 in the autumn."

Source:http://www.latinopost.com/articles/...of-model-coming-apple-patent-spills-clues.htm

I don't see the need to rush iPhone7. Galaxy 6 after all, looks like an iPhone more than ever -> no removable battery and no external memory card support, plus metal casing. Given similar feature set, there is no reason to go with Sammy.

On the other hand, Apple is probably better off to do iPhone 6 mini.

iPhone 6, 6 plus and 6 mini will cover all corners.

For those who upgraded to the plus, any regrets with the larger bulk?  Switching from my 5S to the Fire phone noticeably increased my pocket weight and ruled out some pants with small pockets all together, especially the nice slimmer dress pants (unless you like the brick in your pocket look).  Can't be wearing cargo shorts all day....

Browsing at the Apple store recently and the regular 6 phone looks like a good compromise between screen size and a true 'mobile' phone.

Yes 6 is a good compromise. 6+ is too big. Not just the pant situation. But the one handed texting is challenging unless you have qwerty sized hands of course.

ps9 said:
One hand text?  What's your other hand doing?  That's a $600+ gadget you're holding...

You don't need to use the other hand when working with 6+ :)

Go big or go home. I went with the 6+ and have been very happy. You can't beat the screen size for movies/videos and internet browsing. I love Apple's premium feel/design. I needed to make small lifestyle changes for the 6+. I almost always take the phone out of my front pocket while driving or prolonged sitting.

ps9 said:
For those who upgraded to the plus, any regrets with the larger bulk?  Switching from my 5S to the Fire phone noticeably increased my pocket weight and ruled out some pants with small pockets all together, especially the nice slimmer dress pants (unless you like the brick in your pocket look).  Can't be wearing cargo shorts all day....

Browsing at the Apple store recently and the regular 6 phone looks like a good compromise between screen size and a true 'mobile' phone.

Couldn't be happier with the 6 plus, and more and more of my friends even the ones with iPhone 6 switched to 6+

The 6+ is just about perfect size wise.  I love the increased battery life and being able to browse on the phone without having to blow hold it close to my eyes like I did with my 5. 

I think the 6+ is too large for an everyday phone for guys who don't have purses (ahem USCT).

The 6 is a good compromise but I find the 5 still workable.

Supposedly Apple will still have a 5-sized phone this year... maybe the 5c with Touch ID to give it a 2-year cycle like previous models.

#TWQS

image_zpsstu7i45v.jpg

Time for my upgrade

If I get the new iPhone, I will probably need more memory. Currently have 64 gigs but rumors point to an upgraded 12MP camera with 4K video recording. That will eat up a lot of memory quickly.

Nothing surprising from the other rumors: faster processor, better camera (both front and back), updated iOS, force touch integration, improved touch ID, updated NFC chip, stronger aluminum skin but generally same exterior design. I did read a negative rumor about reduced battery capacity and slightly thicker form factor due to force touch. Not sure if the improved iOS and processor efficiency will compensate for reduced battery capacity.

So far:

- New Apple Watch bands
- iPad Pro 12.9" screen with Pencil (aka stylus) support and a special "Smart" connector for a Smart Keyboard

irvinehomeowner said:
So far:

- New Apple Watch bands
- iPad Pro 12.9" screen with Pencil (aka stylus) support and a special "Smart" connector for a Smart Keyboard

Apple stuff are becoming more like Samsung stuff while Samsung stuff is turning in more Apple like. 

Also...a 12.9 inch tablet with a keyboard..basically a laptop.  Price of $799, $949, and $1049 basically has it in the range of a MacBook or Mac Air and not that much cheaper than a Macbook Pro. 

Back