Sheldon at Greenwood

Sheldon refers to the city's first doctor in Tustin.

But it doesn't mean, if you live there your kid will be a doctor.

I like how they are showing an illustration of the one home in Sheldon that has a driveway.

Mid 6s is great, but then the next size up, Huntley by Brookfield is in the 900s? Wow, 300k for a driveway.

Ok.

Affordable new detached homes in the heart of OC? Very appealing. Can't wait to see the models and how these will do.

Is Legacy High confirmed to open in the near future? Also, will Tustin High be shutdown when Legacy High opens? Will the small area in Santa Ana that currently attends Beckman High School be sent to Legacy High since it'll be much closer? Thank you all in advance!

toady13 said:
Mid 6s is great, but then the next size up, Huntley by Brookfield is in the 900s? Wow, 300k for a driveway.

Mid 600's is only to generate interest, which it obviously is.  I'm sure the base model price will creep up to 700 very quickly.  The mid and upper models will probably start in the low-mid 700's, and end up close to 800 in no time.

Legit949 said:
Is Legacy High confirmed to open in the near future? Also, will Tustin High be shutdown when Legacy High opens? Will the small area in Santa Ana that currently attends Beckman High School be sent to Legacy High since it'll be much closer? Thank you all in advance!

Legacy High won't be open for a LONG time.  Hell, they won't even open Heritage Elementary for 2-5 more years, which is already fully built.  Legacy High has no timetable for construction, much less enrollment.  TUSD regularly claims there is no reason to build additional facilities because their current classes are not over capacity.

On the flip side, I'm sure this area will have priority for transfer requests into Tustin Ranch schools, just like Columbus Square currently does.

You could see them building this when taking Jamboree. Looks like they are building a central community building or something (similar to CG).

I would try to get that hangar taken down so as not to remind people this was a former military base, not to mention it's a bit distracting.

irvinehomeowner said:
I would try to get that hangar taken down so as not to remind people this was a former military base, not to mention it's a bit distracting.

I'd settle for the city to finish the roof repairs on one of the hangars...they did the demo and never felt the need to put the roof back on.

gasman said:
irvinehomeowner said:

I'd settle for the city to finish the roof repairs on one of the hangars...they did the demo and never felt the need to put the roof back on.

The north hangar is either owned by the county or is going to be owned by the county as part of the county park. The southern one is owned or is going to be owned by tustin. But they should just tear both of them down. The southern one has always been slated for demo. That's what the paperwork said when we bought at Augusta.

test said:

That drives me nuts.  TUSD claims they don't need new schools when City of Tustin pushes them to build, then they want a special mello roos tax added to the new homes, and will then refuse to build or open the new schools.  The City of Tustin sued TUSD for this a couple years back and it was a colossal waste of taxpayer funds, and it changed nothing.

Adios TUSD.

irvinehomeowner said:
I think it's the developers and the city that get the MRs.

Not sure if TUSD has their hand in that jar.

They do here...the Columbus Square TUSD MR was specifically earmarked for Heritage Elementary.

Back