Landfill getting bigger?

OC troll

Over by PP today. Notice alot of trash trucks driving up and down sand canyon and Irvine blvd. Then I looked up and saw the hillside. The landfill looks much more apparent, Are they preping for LA county trash?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 579
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 402
I believe the hillside is where they are prepping for the methane power plant.  Also the truck volume has increased over the last few months especially throughout the night.

You mean they're building a power plant right on the hillside they just destroyed?  I have a nice view of that hill from my 2nd story bedroom, they've done enough damage - can't wait to wake up to the power plant view... Curse you Bowman!

uci18 said:
I believe the hillside is where they are prepping for the methane power plant.  Also the truck volume has increased over the last few months especially throughout the night.

Do you know if the plant is going to be visible? I'm guessing it might be since the damage to the hillside is. This is gonna sux. I wonder if those Richmond American homes in SG will have this in the disclosures, hmmmmm...

I'll be very surprised if TIC allowed it to be visible to such a large % of its residential neighborhoods.  Have you noticed the amount of effort they make to camouflage the cell towers along the toll road...?

Anyone know more about this eyesore? can it look any worse once the plant starts running? Sticks out pretty badly when you drive on sand canyon.

image.jpg1_zps4qxvgmzv.jpg

callmehere said:
Just wondering, is this just showing an aerial of the view 2 years ago?

That picture was taken some time between 2005-2006 when the  new homes in Portola Spring and Stonegate was just released. 

The wide angle panorama view also distort the distant between PS and the landfill, make it appears closer than what actually is.  The landfill is close but not that close as it appears in that picture.  You can verify by using google map. 

With all this consumerism, over consumption, construction, "remodeling" it's funny to see the "surprised reactions" that the landfills are getting bigger. Where do you think all the trash is going? I predict larger landfills and more landfills to keep housing all the trash created. 

Just ask Pope Francis who just addressed these issues last week:http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/18/world/pope-francis-climate-technology-encyclical/

My response - Recycle, Reuse if you want to see less of the landfills surrounding your homes

Paris said:
With all this consumerism, over consumption, construction, "remodeling" it's funny to see the "surprised reactions" that the landfills are getting bigger. Where do you think all the trash is going? I predict larger landfills and more landfills to keep housing all the trash created. 

Just ask Pope Francis who just addressed these issues last week:http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/18/world/pope-francis-climate-technology-encyclical/

My response - Recycle, Reuse if you want to see less of the landfills surrounding your homes

Who cares about recycling as long as the dump is not near my home 😉

Paris said:

I thought we were sending our trash to Mexico.  Or is Mexico sending their trash here?

lnc said:
callmehere said:
Just wondering, is this just showing an aerial of the view 2 years ago?

That picture was taken some time between 2005-2006 when the  new homes in Portola Spring and Stonegate was just released. 

The wide angle panorama view also distort the distant between PS and the landfill, make it appears closer than what actually is.  The landfill is close but not that close as it appears in that picture.  You can verify by using google map.

I see the first few phases of San Marcos, so this is probably closer to 2011/2012

Back