Apple Watch... March 9 Announcement?

irvinehomeowner

There is an Apple event on March 9th titled "Spring Forward".

Speculation is the Apple Watch for sure but also:

• Updated Apple TV
  • New MacBook Pro
  • Possible iPad Pro 12" model

Keep buying that AAPL.

This Apple watch thing is going to be interesting and I've feeling the gold edition is going to be a hit in China.

How the Apple Watch changes everything

Apple has got a huge completely untapped watch market to tap into. Today's smartwatches aren't really that smart, and they?re not all that good at being watches either.

Speaking of the gold edition goes, will Apple AAPL sell one million gold watches per month in 2016 (the number they?ve said they?ll produce)? That's the question. Is it possible? Certainly.

Regarding buying more AAPl, this article also have a very good point.

I've seen it pull back 20%-30% or more at various times in the 12 years that I've owned it, which would mean I'd have been stopped out of it many times along the way, instead of just riding it to glory. If you want to own Apple, I think you should just resign yourself to the fact that you will have some "drawdowns"/pullbacks in the stock and prepare to nibble/scale into more Apple when that happens.

The only people I see with gold iPhones are of a certain ethnicity... why is that?

I thought it was the Dutch who loved goooooooooold.

irvinehomeowner said:
The only people I see with gold iPhones are of a certain ethnicity... why is that?

But the Jews love gold even more.  So much so, that many adopt it as a surname.

I think the watch is going to be a big flop.

Fast forward 2 years.. I might have to eat my words and say "kudos Apple"

It's like this, I don't even wear a watch. (Explains why I'm late all the time, jk)

Sorry this is not innovative. There are other companies that already have this.

I don't think the aWatch will be a hit either but Apple has this secret recipe for making stuff that people have already made into must-have items... the MP3 player, the cell phone, the tablet, the notebook computer... we all know ps9 will be driving a gold AppleCar in 2019.

irvinehomeowner said:
I don't think the aWatch will be a hit either but Apple has this secret recipe for making stuff that people have already made into must-have items... the MP3 player, the cell phone, the tablet, the notebook computer... we all know ps9 will be driving a gold AppleCar in 2019.

Hold up - Apple takes things and revolutionizes the products. Such as the iPod/iTunes - saved the music industry. Iphone - made a phone into a computer like device.

So my expectations is for the apple watch is that it should be unique/maybe make my life easier. (Other companies are making products that are innovative such as google, I read google is redesigning the glasses )

I read the apple watch can help you excercise. (Not quite sure) I can just get a fit bit device to track my excercise movement.

I think we are saying the same thing.

Additionally, Apple is going to do what they do with the iPhone... put features into the iPhone but only if you get the newest one and the aWatch... handcuffing.

Realistically, the aWatch could just be a remote for your iPhone. Instead of having to reach into your pocket or purse to read texts, take phone calls, or do Siri requests... you just do it from your watch. They will make it more "cool" than the current AndroidWear, MotoWatch, SamsungGear etc that is on the market now... even though they all do the same thing.

The weird thing is that rumors say they removed all the health monitoring which I think would have been a plus.

irvinehomeowner said:

Iho, which ethnicity are you referring to? Color me clueless. At first,  I thought you meant Chinese but given the majority on this site, probably not.

What's funny is I am actually replying from my gold phone right now!... and I am part Dutch!

SoCal said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Iho, which ethnicity are you referring to? Color me clueless. At first,  I thought you meant Chinese but given the majority on this site, probably not.

What's funny is I am actually replying from my gold phone right now!... and I am part Dutch!

Who really is Socal.  She claims to be white, but yet is a lactard, likes spicy food & has a gold iPhone.  Maybe she's really Asian.  And she's actually married to Cali Court.  And their back and forths on TI is just part of some weird martial fantasy :)

Ok. I know the last part isn't true, but it was fun typing it  ;D

Cook said, Apple watch will replace car keys.

Good luck integrating the Apple watch with the car makers for the "key."

http://www.apple.com/live/

10am, will be at work so won't be able to watch live.  Personally, I hardly wear watches and don't see myself getting this.  It will always come down to the apps.  If Apple or some early 3rd party app makes something killer, I might jump in. 

This trend for "new" this and "new" that is a bit irritating (even Nintendo has a "new" 3DS XL).

The New Macbook is out (and in "stunning" gold for ps9).

Apple Watch unveiling now.

$349 for the small sport one.  I'll probably preorder one since I need an everyday watch anyway.  Can't be wearing my PP watch 24/7 8)

Dang... $350.

I like Apple, but not that much.

Now instead of annoyingly putting their phones in front of their face to talk, they'll be talking to their wrists.

#DickTracyTime

time to short Apple I think.
The success of iPhone 6 and 6+ has more to do with pent up demand than anything else. Android camp has been having big phones for 2+ years and 6 is the first model. Apple Watch is too expensive for what it has to offer unless you are one of the fan boys. daily charge + minimum $350 (where you can buy a decent Android phone or even an older gen iPAD or mini) will kill the watch.

I cannot see iPhone 7 or 6s repeat the same success as its predecessors.

The California Court Company said:
The success of iPhone 6 and 6+ has more to do with pent up demand than anything else. Android camp has been having big phones for 2+ years and 6 is the first model. Apple Watch is too expensive for what it has to offer unless you are one of the fan boys. daily charge + minimum $350 (where you can buy a decent Android phone or even an older gen iPAD or mini) will kill the watch.

I agree with you on the watch. But I think the iPhones for apple will have continue success.

The California Court Company said:

I see the watch differently. I don't think it competes with older iPads and iPhones. People who buy the watch are gonna have an iPad and an iPhone. The watch's competition is other watches. From a female perspective, I can go spend $200-$300 on a POS kate spade/michael kors/insert other fashion brand name here or spend $350 on an apple watch that not only tells time but does other stuff as well.  I do think they prpbsbly shoulda priced this at $299.

Back