Networking

AhmadElm

How do I find good networking events in irvine? Anyone know good places to network?

The main networking events I've seen are ones where you have to pay a lot of money and full strict guidelines and felt more of an organization trying to make money rather than real person-to-person networking. 

I'm referring specifically to business-type of networking

If you do websites one of the challenges is that your target market is too broad. Try to focus on something like websites for local restaurants and then look at events that restaurant owners attend.

The other advantage is that you can make a great template for restaurants and use it over and over again (changing the look each time) so that you save time and your clients save money.

If you are starting out and need to prove yourself, look at ways you can make money from the website itself (take orders online and take 10% of online order revenue) and therefore give it to the client for free.

It's not as profitable anymore, but a friend of mine used to look for small businesses that didn't have any e-commerce. He's set up their website & e-commerce for free in exchange for a cut of revenue.

AhmadElm, just a head's up... the "About Me" section on the website is broken when I try to click on the "More" button. Maybe it's a problem on my end, not sure, or maybe there's a glitch on the site. I hope this helps.

As a visitor of many websites, I have one tip about yours:

Your site seems to be set for a width of 1500px or higher. Considering most notebooks are 1366x768, many tablets are 1280x800 and the original iPad is 1024x768, you may want to rethink your minimum width or make you site so that it scales to whatever the browser size is.

Good luck with your website business, it's a very competitive market right now and with services like Weebly, Wordpress, Google Sites etc... anyone can create their own website.

Like eyephone said, it may be better to concentrate on the mobile app market.

irvinehomeowner said:
As a visitor of many websites, I have one tip about yours:
Like eyephone said, it may be better to concentrate on the mobile app market.

Try to click "More" on your about me section with IE. No workie. Might try starting here.

I think I know a web handyman for your site!  :p

irvinehomeowner said:
W3C validation is picky.

What site doesn't have any errors or warnings?

Metal detectors don't always detect gold but they can tell you where it isn't.

He needs to close a couple of stray tags. That'll fix it.

Cyberops said:
Hi friends
I am new here and i can help you in networking. If you have any problem network or network security please contact us.
Best regards
Cynberops

Wrong thread bud

Is there an organization like YPO but for businesses that aren't quite as big? Now that we're talking about business networking..

One time me and my bro, Chad, networked our Xbox'es together and played some Halo. Not sure if these kinds of events happen around Irvine still, but microcenter does sell crossover cables.

We are here with our range of Electric Vehicles. No more congestion and Air Pollution in our cities. The revolution of Electric Mobility is gaining pace. We are just taking a step further when we speak about evolved mobility and making it happen today. Its a war cry for everyone as the situation calls not to go further the tipping point.

Evolet India aims to change the dynamics of mobility with the strong foundation sustainability and environment friendliness. Contact us to purchase Electric Scooters & Electric Bikes

Back