Cypress Village - Zinnia

So-Cal

Hi

I recently take a look at Zinnia model 3 & 4, and kind of liking both the models.
Is anyone here considering/considered Zinnia?
If you familiar with CV-Zinnia, can you help me to clarify the following points?

#1. What is the expected build out dates, for current phase? (I heard Aug?15)
#2. What is the schedule for next phases?
#3. Is it good to go with Realtor to get some Realtor credit? (Is CPH entertain Realtor?)
#4. Any room for price negotiation with CPH? (in terms of %)
#5. Any other concern you have about Zinnia? (highway noise; others)
#6. Do I have to go with CPH recommended Wells Fargo for financing? Or I can pick any other financial institution?
#7. Any similar community new homes you can recommend around in & around CV, for the budget of 600K?

Thanks for reading my post.

Regarding #3, many new communities offer a broker rebate and many agents will split that rebate with you but they have to sign you in when you first visit.  If you have see the property before and haven't filled out those visitor cards, you should be fine.

Read this:http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,2690.msg40106.html

The broker co-ops vary but usually are around $10K to 3% of the purchase price. 

Thanks rkp.

Yes I did visit Zinnia, but didn't fill out any document/visitor cards.
Let me check for any Realtor, who can sign me in with Zinnia.

USCTrojanCPA and IrvineRealtor are our two resident agents, who are both highly recommended by many and I believe will work with you with sharing the rebate from the builder, but please confirm with them.  You can't go wrong with them.

So-Cal said:
Thanks rkp.

Yes I did visit Zinnia, but didn't fill out any document/visitor cards.
Let me check for any Realtor, who can sign me in with Zinnia.

I have same question, and thought I would get some sort of idea on this forum from TI members.

Couple of weeks back when I was there at model home, the sales people sounds like few available for Mar'15, and mostly for Aug'15; model 2 temporarily sold out & kind of having waiting list for model 3 & 4. My guess is they are in Phase 1 (not sure though).

So-Cal said:
#4. Any room for price negotiation with CPH? (in terms of %)
Unless the home is listed on MLS or standing inventory, there's no room for negotiation. 

So-Cal said:
#5. Any other concern you have about Zinnia? (highway noise; others)
You can definite hear the freeway when you're standing outside but its mostly background white noise.  However this white noise it's quite noticeable at Zinnia, the freeway sound level is probably highest in CV and it is definite a major concern regarding purchasing Zinnia.

So-Cal said:
#6. Do I have to go with CPH recommended Wells Fargo for financing? Or I can pick any other financial institution?
No, you don't have to use their prefer lender but usually the prefer lender offer a smooth transaction but higher fee and rate.  My past experience with Wells Fargo was pretty good.  They have one loan officer handle your case from start to finish, very capable, fast response and very organized.  Only down side with Wells Fargo is that their mortgage rate are not the best in town.

So-Cal said:
#7. Any similar community new homes you can recommend around in & around CV, for the budget of 600K?
Have you consider Jade Court or Caserta and what do you think of them?  Out of these three California Pacific homes, Jade Court is my favorite.  Although Jade Court is pricier, been detach has it's advantages.

For budget around $600k, beside those in Portola Springs like Agrave or Luna, Eastwood Village at corner of Jeffrey and Portola coming later this year will have homes in that price range you might be interested. 

lnc said:
Have you consider Jade Court or Caserta and what do you think of them?  Out of these three California Pacific homes, Jade Court is my favorite.  Although Jade Court is pricier, been detach has it's advantages.

For budget around $600k, beside those in Portola Springs like Agrave or Luna, Eastwood Village at corner of Jeffrey and Portola coming later this year will have homes in that price range you might be interested. 

Jade Court (CV): Three story kind of put me off. I personally prefer living, kitchen & courtyard all at ground to get the home feel. But I like it otherwise.

Caserta (CV): Probably the one I liked most. But looks like all the new homes they build /available come in between I-5 & Zinnia (closer to freeway than Zinnia).

Agave (PS): I don't think anything available now or I'm not aware of that & didn't look at it.

Luna (PS): Similar to Jade court 3 story layout, so not my first option.

In general, I like CV most since its looks closer to all the action & seems to be connected,  whereas PS kind of secluded. Eastwood village I don't have any idea about, certainly I'll check it out.

Here's a map.  Just Google "El Toro TCE plume" and you'll find plenty of reading material.  Best to do your own research and draw your own conclusion.

1zcz2p5.jpg

I thought both Luna and Jade Court are 75% 2 story homes. The dilemma of living in a detached condo is street parking. Having the extra guest parking spaces in the motorcourt alleviate some of the parking concerns. Many residents turned their garage into storage and park their vehicles outside.

Anyone gone and seen Zinnia recently?I Seems like they are releasing phase 6 soon in a week or so and are doing extremely well. I had some time and went a week ago and I was told that were selling around 4-5 units per week! I was told  by someone who had been regularly visiting that they had noticed ALLOT of cash buyers.

When I looked at the available units, plan 2 was by far the favorite and they mentioned that it has not been available for sometime (basically sold out all units as each phase released). While plan 3 and 4 were doing quite well with limited supply (plan 3 being more popular/less available). The plan that seemed most readily available was plan 1, which has not really increased in price and there are a few units available in a couple phases. While plan 3 and 4 seem to be steadily increasing after each phase.

Back