Foothill Ranch CRIME UPDATES - Please Help!

do you really think FR residents will give you honest answers? case in point, SoCal, who lives in FR herself, makes a post out of every crime that is Irvine related. despite all her efforts, Irvine is still much more desirable than that pathetic city FR.

I have no idea how accurate this is but your post just made me curious so found this:http://www.topix.com/crime/foothill-ranch-ca

Counted 8 burglaries and 2 arrests just in the past week.  Again who knows, half of these could be just false burglar alarms going off. 

Per Capita it will be very high yes, but not sure about median or average - it will be difficult to find all these numbers. 

The California Court Company said:
do you really think FR residents will give you honest answers? case in point, SoCal, who lives in FR herself, makes a post out of every crime that is Irvine related. despite all her efforts, Irvine is still much more desirable than that pathetic city FR.

Actually, I subscribe to ABC7 News's Facebook page. When I see anything Irvine-related in my news feed, I try to post it since this is an Irvine-related website. I post whatever news I see. On ABC it's usually crime-related. When I find other information myself, such as events or things happening at the Irvine Spectrum, I post about that too. So, no, it's not all crime-related. However, the crime stories are important, too, because they offer the readers an opportunity to help when police ask for it. For example, with the Irvine sex offender, authorities are asking for help in identifying more possible child victims. When the Irvine woman went missing (and before her dead body was found floating in a lake), authorities asked for the public's help with any information. If we can help bring awareness to these situations, then, why not? 

Understand that anything CA Court says about Foothill Ranch is purely used as an insult to SoCal and is not based on anything factual other than his hate for her.

If you look at that site someone posted - and look a bit deeper - it states, "Burglary Alarm Audible" for burglaries

There was also a "Shooting" according to that website.  Which basically was "shots heard" or "there were some kids playing with fireworks and I got scared so I called the police"

Just look deeper into things before making a judgement.

Look at the police blotter - Look at Lake Forest - (as Foothill Ranch section won't populate) Then you have to familiarize yourself with the names of Foothill Ranch streets to weed out the bad areas of Lake Forest that will demand attention in that blotter.
http://ws.ocsd.org/Blotter/BlotterSearch.aspx

Lake Forest police don't care to come to Foothill Ranch? Where is that information coming from?

Just because an enclave within a large city has a population of 10,000 doesn't mean that there will be no crime.  Any time you have access to an area, a traveler with no ethical standing may try to come up quick.

Private Message me with some specific questions if you care to about the areas that your friend is interested in Irvine, RSM, AV, and Foothill Ranch.

Haven't heard about any recent uptick in crime or the like in FR or LF. Things are nice and peaceful in my neck of the woods.

small sample size, but FR has 3 times sex offender to resident ratio than Irvine. However, in general most of OC is pretty safe.

Also, to pique the interest of viewers, it is better to have Irvine (or other perceived low crime rate cities) in the headlines for crime news.

I wouldn't worry about crime rate in FR; I will be more worried about it is being marginalized. There are far better choices closer to job centers and freeway access. Foothill Town Center is declining over the years as well.

samuroo said:

http://www.familywatchdog.us

type in a zip code and then see for yourself.  Irvine has a huge sprawl so there can be neighborhoods with 0 offenders and then there can be neighborhoods with multiple within a small radius.

Irvine is too expensive?  Irvine has housing for all income levels.  if your friend is set on Irvine, tell them to lower their expectations and get something smaller. 

Coleman said:
http://www.familywatchdog.us

type in a zip code and then see for yourself.  Irvine has a huge sprawl so there can be neighborhoods with 0 offenders and then there can be neighborhoods with multiple within a small radius.

Irvine is too expensive?  Irvine has housing for all income levels.  if your friend is set on Irvine, tell them to lower their expectations and get something smaller.

Thanks Coleman and TI. She became set on irvine. So she did lower expectations and got something smaller. From her account it's NO FUN being a buyer right now. Sellers market.

Foothill Ranch and Baker Ranch are terrific and safe places to raise children.  I have had friends and family in Foothill Ranch for 20 years now and there has been relatively no crime and no certainly no violent crime that they are aware of in their neighborhood since they bought their home.  I wouldn't worry about safety as a good reason for not living in Foothill or Baker.  The schools there are great -  my friend's son there is heading to UPENN in the fall and another's daughter is now a grad student at Harvard.  Their public education there was great.  As far as sex offenders are concerned, there isn't much difference than IRVINE.  The only pristine place in OC are the neighborhoods on the beach like Crystal Cove.  Good luck finding a place in South County that is truly less safe than Irvine. 

Jeanneshops said:
Foothill Ranch and Baker Ranch are terrific and safe places to raise children.  I have had friends and family in Foothill Ranch for 20 years now and there has been relatively no crime and no certainly no violent crime that they are aware of in their neighborhood since they bought their home.  I wouldn't worry about safety as a good reason for not living in Foothill or Baker.  The schools there are great -  my friend's son there is heading to UPENN in the fall and another's daughter is now a grad student at Harvard.  Their public education there was great.  As far as sex offenders are concerned, there isn't much difference than IRVINE.  The only pristine place in OC are the neighborhoods on the beach like Crystal Cove.  Good luck finding a place in South County that is truly less safe than Irvine.

Let me guess, you live in Lake Forest?

Incorrect - I've lived in University park since 1996 and sent kids to OCSA and private schools in Irvine -  I know the real estate and people of both areas quite well.  Let me guess, you live in Irvine and have bought a few investment properties in one of the cookie cutter communities they are building around the great park and now you want to make sure you direct future real estate sales away from competing areas?  Funny.

Jeanneshops said:
Incorrect - I've lived in University park since 1996 and sent kids to OCSA and private schools in Irvine -  I know the real estate and people of both areas quite well.  Let me guess, you live in Irvine and have bought a few investment properties in one of the cookie cutter communities they are building around the great park and now you want to make sure you direct future real estate sales away from competing areas?  Funny.

Don't waste my time. How can I direct future sales from competing areas?

My coworker, who lives in Foothill Ranch, told me that one of the neighbors on her street killed his stepmother with an ax about 2-3 years ago, so there is at least one violent crime in recent years in Foothill Ranch.

Back