• I wish I bought resale in another tract

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I am still looking

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Other

Votes: 3 6.8%

• Total voters

irvinehomeowner

So in the past 2 years, many members here have probably bought their home (and the lack of activity is usually an indicator of that).

So, how are you liking your digs?

Is there something you wish was different?

Do you rue that Orchard Hills finally opened and are trying to figure out how to flip your brand new Stonegate home without losing too much money?

Did you end up with bad neighbors and wish you had waited for a different phase?

Are you in a bad location and now regret buying that lowball fixer?

Is the neighborhood school not working out for you?

Did that 3CWG finally hit Redfin and now you are wishing you held off buying that 2CWG?

Prices for resale haven't seemed to drop much in the last 2 years since the end of 2011 jump. So I haven't really seen anything that catches my eye on Redfin.

As for new, none of the OH floorplans tempt me, especially at those prices. I think PP had the best variety but as with all new, those prices are now higher than I think they should be.

IHO, I need your help.  Add one more for yaliu07 and say "I bought a new house and I was happy until city decide to build a cemetery".

Not shocking that bones is winning ;)

BTW, you didn't do a PS9 option aka "I wish I cashed out to some chump FCB so I can get into my dream La Vita Plan 4."

Actually very happy with where we bought.  Very quiet location, great hood just some weird neighbors... The views are fantastic, floor plan is what we wanted and very functional for our everyday use. 

I do wish we had more sqftage but at the time I bought in this location there was only 1 home available. 

Very happy to be outside of Irvine but I do frequent Irvine quite a bit for shopping/food.

bones said:
Not shocking that bones is winning ;)

BTW, you didn't do a PS9 option aka "I wish I cashed out to some chump FCB so I can get into my dream La Vita Plan 4."

But it is shocking that the bones option is misspelled.  ;)

Does this just reflect the recent influx of new homes in Irvine and that eveyone is basically happy?
Even if you weren't happy, having plunked down Irvine (or Irvine Adjacent) prices, you'd likely convince yourself otherwise.

JustSayin said:
Yeah... my OCD won't let that go and SMF doesn't allow you to edit Poll options (as it should be).

I should have done better spell check before hitting [Post].
Does this just reflect the recent influx of new homes in Irvine and that eveyone is basically happy?
Even if you weren't happy, having plunked down Irvine (or Irvine Adjacent) prices, you'd likely convince yourself otherwise.
There is probably some "self convincing" going on here and I do think about the "shoulda woulda couldas" but on the whole, we are much happier where we are at than our previous 2 homes... the only issue being the higher monthly cost.

This is one that we saw and now looking at the closed price, are wondering if we should have at least put in the offer we were considering (which ironically was higher than what it closed at):
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/11-Whispering-Wind-92614/home/4693551

Needed tons of work, pool was horrible, upstairs was bad, the landscaping was shot, not a fan of the garage pass thru laundry (with no sink), bad feng shui corner location... but it had all the living spaces, vaulted ceilings, good square footage, a large lot and a nice quiet location.

This was one we were very close to pulling the trigger on:
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/10-Quebrada-92620/home/4788229

And this one when prices were cheap:
http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/3-Hermosa-92620/home/4788128

There were some in Tustin Ranch and Turtle Rock too.

But I guess Johns Creek isn't that bad. :)

irvinehomeowner said:
JustSayin said:
Yeah... my OCD won't let that go and SMF doesn't allow you to edit Poll options (as it should be).

I should have done better spell check before hitting [Post].
There is probably some "self convincing" going on here and I do think about the "shoulda woulda couldas" but on the whole, we are much happier where we are at than our previous 2 homes... the only issue being the higher monthly cost.

This is one that we saw and now looking at the closed price, are wondering if we should have at least put in the offer we were considering (which ironically was higher than what it closed at):
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/11-Whispering-Wind-92614/home/4693551

Needed tons of work, pool was horrible, upstairs was bad, the landscaping was shot, not a fan of the garage pass thru laundry (with no sink), bad feng shui corner location... but it had all the living spaces, vaulted ceilings, good square footage, a large lot and a nice quiet location.

This was one we were very close to pulling the trigger on:
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/10-Quebrada-92620/home/4788229

And this one when prices were cheap:
http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/3-Hermosa-92620/home/4788128

There were some in Tustin Ranch and Turtle Rock too.

But I guess Johns Creek isn't that bad. :)

I don't fault anyone for typos, esp. on a site like this.
But others take typos very seriously, which is where the irony on the poll choice comes in.

Anyway, congrats on being happy where you are.
It's not that easy to be content with what you have and not constantly looking for bigger/better/newer. 

Despite the lack of a driveway...I am pretty happy with the purchase.  It was still overpriced but I like the house and the location.  Small yard means less money for landscaping and all of our neighbors are super quiet.

I don't want a bigger house...more to clean and things to buy.

Irvinecommuter said:
Despite the lack of a driveway...I am pretty happy with the purchase.  It was still overpriced but I like the house and the location.  Small yard means less money for landscaping and all of our neighbors are super quiet.

I don't want a bigger house...more to clean and things to buy.

I say the same thing, but it does feel a little sour-grapey.  #IDontNeedNo3CarGarage!

I can deal with a 2CWG as long as we have a driveway (actually did that for many years).

But no driveway... that hurts the manhood.

irvinehomeowner said:
I can deal with a 2CWG as long as we have a driveway (actually did that for many years).

But no driveway... that hurts the manhood.

Keep your manhood indoors and you'll no longer have that problem.

Interesting, there are some responses for buying new instead of resale or buying new in another tract.

One might be yaliu... but he can always call you know who.

Every night when I take out the trash I look in my back yard and say 'wow I can't believe I got a 6k sq ft lot in Irvine for this price'.

Pavilion Park does have some negatives (mello-roos, cemetery, toll road proximity) but doubt Irvine Co. would have ever sanctioned a plot of land this size for under $2M.  They would have taken my backyard and put another house there. 

It's always a trade-off among 1) home, 2) location, and 3) price. Easy to get 2 of the 3, but can't have all 3. We are satisfied that by trading off a little bit in all 3 areas, we found a combination that suits us very well. If we had to do it again, maybe we'd try a little harder and have more patience exploring some different resale neighborhoods where the 1) home, 2) location, and 3) price combinations looked compelling.

irvinehomeowner said:
Interesting, there are some responses for buying new instead of resale or buying new in another tract.

One might be yaliu... but he can always call you know who.

i got trick..  i am only one who pick "I wish I bought resale in another tract".

manhood is about the big guns, ability to bench 2x body weight, 8 packs and Adonis belt
3CWG + driveway gives you an option to build a mini home gym

irvinehomeowner said:
Ask CK, IHS and qwerchete... manhood is meant to be outdoors!

#DontHideYourPride

Back