Orchid Hills ?!?!?

aquabliss

The first time I heard someone call Orchard Hills "Orchid Hills", I thought it was an anomaly.

The second time, I thought I was hearing things.

The third time, I rechecked the website to make sure I was pronouncing it right.

Today was fifth unique person in a month that pronounced it this way.

Am I alone here or do you guys hear people using this name literally half the time they refer to that Orchard place?

Yes, even my realtor initially was referring to it as Orchid Hills  :'(
Give it time and eventually people will get it right...I hope

FCBs can't pronounce Orchard. Just like Monterey Park is "Montree Pa" and Rowland Heights is "Rolan High".

Fruit or flower, Foreign Cash Buyers might know neither what any of the words mean anyway. But pronouncing it right doesn't get people houses on the hills.

If it were no oversea hard CASH, avocados is still those hills are all about. POSSIBLY all subdivisions on those hills are still some mystery coming-soon, while we are still patiently waiting for the site opening and wishing the IP good luck selling whatever early phases of communities in Woodbury and Stonegate(doubtful) to the 20%Cash Downers and playing the escrow-closing dramas.

Who can think of a cool acronym for the 20% (or less) Cash Downers (Buyers)??

PPIHOs (piss poor irvine home owners).  also fitting to honor IHO's move into Pavilion Park :)

bones said:
PPIHOs (piss poor irvine home owners).  also fitting to honor IHO's move into Pavilion Park :)

Or people who like to pay PMI.

IHO never responded to Qwerty regarding PP.

Back