custom drapes

shadyoc

Does anyone have recommendation for custom curtains and drapes? We interviewed Windows Decorators but they want close to $4k for 4 panels. We need over the standard 108" you find in stores.

$4k for 4 panels???!!  :eek: are the curtains made of gold? Check overstock I think they have some longer panels that 108".

I'm not a fan of drapes. You have to dust them or get them dry cleaned depending on the material. Just keep it simple with shutters or blinds.

shadyoc said:
Does anyone have recommendation for custom curtains and drapes? We interviewed Windows Decorators but they want close to $4k for 4 panels. We need over the standard 108" you find in stores.

Why start another thread?
http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,12438.0.html
shadyoc said:
Any recommendations for custom drapes?  We have close to 112" drapes that we need.  Appreciate any insight on vendors you have worked with.

eyephone said:
I'm not a fan of drapes. You have to dust them or get them dry cleaned depending on the material. Just keep it simple with shutters or blinds.
I think this depends on the material. Haven't had to dust or dryclean my drapes and I've had them for years (even moved them to different houses).

irvinehomeowner said:
eyephone said:
I think this depends on the material. Haven't had to dust or dryclean my drapes and I've had them for years (even moved them to different houses).
So you had your drapes for years, and you didn't have to dust it. I find that hard to believe.

Nope, one is light colored and some cotton blend (had that for 10 years). The other is a dark brown and some poly blend and shiny (had that for 6 years).

Maybe I don't get a lot of dust? Or... maybe our house cleaners have maintained them?

irvinehomeowner said:
Nope, one is light colored and some cotton blend (had that for 10 years). The other is a dark brown and some poly blend and shiny (had that for 6 years).

Maybe I don't get a lot of dust? Or... maybe our house cleaners have maintained them?

I think that's the possible answer. "Maybe our house cleaners maintained them."

It's all good.

Paris said:
$4k for 4 panels???!!  :eek: are the curtains made of gold? Check overstock I think they have some longer panels that 108".

4 panels of 112" x 82" with 2 custom rods for about $4k. That sounds expensive doesn't it? I have never got custom drapes before but that soumds high.

shadyoc said:
Paris said:

4 panels of 112" x 82" with 2 custom rods for about $4k. That sounds expensive doesn't it? I have never got custom drapes before but that soumds high.

It's definitely overpriced! Did you shop around at some other custom drapery places to price compare?

Back