custom drapes

shadyoc

Any recommendations for custom drapes?  We have close to 112" drapes that we need.  Appreciate any insight on vendors you have worked with.

Most drapes comes in 96", 108", and 120".  For specific 112", it probably need custom order.

I have 10" ceiling and 108" woks for me but for specific 112", you might want to check out Restoration Hardware's custom drapery collection or The Shade Store's Drapes.

The selections from these two places are not that big and the price is not that cheap.  However, the advantages are that you can view the material first hand in the showroom and get a sample swatch to take with you, convenience of order online or in store and both provides good customer service.

IKEA has 118" drapes:
http://m.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/art/80230200/

But then it's IKEA. 

I just wonder how shady came up with the exact length he or she needs.  Curtain length is an estimate usually with room to play/adjust.  Move the rod up or down, bunching at top, puddling at bottom, manufacture specs variations...unless shady has already hung the exact drape, you won't know the exact length you know until it's done. 

I think you can try bella blinds. Some people recommend them but I dont know if they do drapes. Window Decorators do plantation shutters but their prices are higher and customer service can be a hit or miss.  Not sure where else.....ethan allen?

My friend went to deco home in soco and was quoted 13 grand for 4 rooms, including the living room with bifolding doors. Crazy expensive.

All I have to share is my poor experience with Windows Decorators.  They were not being responsive even after reaching out to them several times.  We used them for window coverings, they were decent priced and Max and Traci seemed like they wanted to win our business.  Hit them up later and they have been delaying since Dec.  Everytime, their excuse is that it is the holidays and they would followup after the holidays.  We wanted to spend more but they don't seem like they want to do business.  Dislike companies like this.  Just sharing my experience.

irvineboy said:
All I have to share is my poor experience with Windows Decorators.  They were not being responsive even after reaching out to them several times.  We used them for window coverings, they were decent priced and Max and Traci seemed like they wanted to win our business.  Hit them up later and they have been delaying since Dec.  Everytime, their excuse is that it is the holidays and they would followup after the holidays.  We wanted to spend more but they don't seem like they want to do business.  Dislike companies like this.  Just sharing my experience.

Hey at least they are honest to tell you that they are busy. I'm just guessing because their prices are lower than the competitors so they are booked solid. #justguessing

We struggled for a long time trying to figure out what to do about drapery because everything off the rack was too cheap looking or not the right size or way too expensive or all of the above.

Finally we had the idea to try Etsy and found a really great expert curtain maker (https://www.etsy.com/shop/EliseQuinnInteriors). She is really nice to deal with and her prices are reasonable (but still high because they're custom curtains after all), and you can choose whatever fabric you'd like (and just buy it online and have it shipped to her if you don't like what she has available; that's what we did).

For us, nothing else would have worked and the local custom drapery shops were ridiculously priced and would take months to complete.

Back