Filipino Invasion into Irvine!

Irvinecommuter

We broke the story here earlier this summer: Seafood City, the Filipino supermarket chain, is opening in Irvine. It will be its first store in Orange County at a space vacated by Shoe Pavillion (2180 Barranca Pkwy.) and flanked by a Wal-Mart.

But here's even more good news: when it opens, it will actually already come with three iconic Filipino businesses in it. Jollibee, Red Ribbon, and Valerio's have counters installed inside the market.
http://blogs.ocweekly.com/stickaforkinit/2014/11/jollibee_irvine.php

Jollibee is okay but Red Ribbon is quite good.  I never heard of Valerio's

The cheese is soft baked into rolls, hard to describe... kinda like the cheese is not melted thoroughly.  Red Ribbon is similar, but it sells that pork blood dish, the most unkosher meal in the world.

I'm waiting for Grill City, love those skewers and flame grilled squid.

*balut flashback*

I've always thought Red Ribbon bought the equipment that was used to bake strawberry shortcakes...

Jolibee has good chicken, but the franchise needs to be more consistent in their box, bucket, and tray offerings.  Whenever I need to order for office party, it's always a surprise.  I preer the Cerritos Jolibee over Anaheim location.

Harajuku said:
All the stores were open when I went at 8.45AM today.  Got yummy empanada from Valerio for breakfast, chicken joy for lunch, combo from Grill city for dinner, ube roll from Red Ribbon for dessert + free coffee from Grill City + free head pillow from Jollibee.

you got the free head pillow ?  they run out of it when I got there :(

Yep.  I was surprised too.  I thought they would be long gone yesterday.

Grill city serves only breakfast until 10AM. 

When is the best time to go here? Someone told me there were long lines last night.

They also said there is some fried food place in the back away from the other food places.

GH said:
Harajuku said:
All the stores were open when I went at 8.45AM today.  Got yummy empanada from Valerio for breakfast, chicken joy for lunch, combo from Grill city for dinner, ube roll from Red Ribbon for dessert + free coffee from Grill City + free head pillow from Jollibee.

you got the free head pillow ?  they run out of it when I got there :(

Pillow joy?  Is it a real pillow?

irvinehomeowner said:
When is the best time to go here? Someone told me there were long lines last night.

I'll say the earlier the better.  They open at 8AM. 

ps9 said:
Pillow joy?  Is it a real pillow?

It's head pillow for the kids to use in the car.  Not bad. 

Attachments

• Jollibee Pillow Happy Plus 2013 - JB.jpg
    Jollibee Pillow Happy Plus 2013 - JB.jpg
    273.1 KB · Views: 690
Back