best neighborhoods for Halloween

jyeh74

looking for recommendations for best urban neighborhoods to take kids trick or treating. We have been to North Park in that would lively but looking for others.

irvineboy said:
looking for recommendations for best urban neighborhoods to take kids trick or treating. We have been to North Park in that would lively but looking for others.

don't you just go in your own neighborhood?
Is it possible to go trick or treating in Northpark if you don't live there? I mean, due to the gate and all?
I am in Woodbury, and the houses along Sanctuary do some crazy stuff every year. My 3 year old was frightened to death of the mob of kids last year, and refused to walk past those houses. I feel like 50% of the people are not even from the neighborhood!

I think NP gates are wide open until 10 pm.  You can walk through the pedestrian gates, even right past the guards.

Never even been to the landings.  Didn't know there was 1 vs 2.

If you are wanting your kids to have an experience, you will likely find clustering of spots in Irvine. Northpark has the highest white population in most of the newer Irvine. The homes owned by white folks are usually the most decked out with decorations. Forget about the Chidians homes. They don't spend money to decorate for Halloween, may be cheap and cheesy decorations from Big Lots or 99 cents stores at best. So avoid places like Stonegate, Cypress Village, Portola Springs and Woodbury. The best neighborhoods to go trick or treating in SoCal voted by OCR and LA times OC's Floral Park consistently made the list. Take your kids there to experience the spirits of Halloweens and no admission fee.
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/halloween-375830-house-mother.html

irvinehomeshopper said:
If you are wanting your kids to have an experience, you will likely find clustering of spots in Irvine. Northpark has the highest white population in most of the newer Irvine. The homes owned by white folks are usually the most decked out with decorations. Forget about the Chidians homes. They don't spend money to decorate for Halloween, may be cheap and cheesy decorations from Big Lots or 99 cents stores at best. So avoid places like Stonegate, Cypress Village, Portola Springs and Woodbury. The best neighborhoods to go trick or treating in SoCal voted by OCR and LA times OC's Floral Park consistently made the list. Take your kids there to experience the spirits of Halloweens and no admission fee.
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/halloween-375830-house-mother.html

true, dat!

Also, try Villa Park. My colleague lives there and he says the entire neighborhood goes all out!

I am not sure if NP gates are open all the time.  I doubt you can just walk past the guard on the pedestrian.  You probably will need some sort of key fob.  Does anyone know?

shadyoc said:
I am not sure if NP gates are open all the time.  I doubt you can just walk past the guard on the pedestrian.  You probably will need some sort of key fob.  Does anyone know?
According to someone, pedestrian access is open to all Irvine gated communities.

irvinehomeowner said:
shadyoc said:
According to someone, pedestrian access is open to all Irvine gated communities.
I can't comment on NP, but that is not the case in the gated community I live in. 

Another one:

B1S3i0rIAAAoSIm.jpg

My little one is sleeping. So I'm just staying home watching the Bulls vs Cleaveland (reminiscing over Gasol). For some reason, it seems like Gasol is playing better/focused/hustling for the ball. (Maybe because they have a chance to win a championship?)

It might be due, a teeny tiny bit, to not having that additional pressure of getting an earful from "one of" his ex-teammates each time he has an off day.  :p

How's the Halloween crowd for everyone?  Ours is slow in this neighborhood.  Probably will end up with about 30 kids.  Now, I'll have to eat the rest.  :p

eyephone said:
For some reason, it seems like Gasol is playing better/focused/hustling for the ball. (Maybe because they have a chance to win a championship?)

Back