Stonegate property taxes

ashimonovits

Hi,

Just got my 2014-2015 property taxes and decided to check, since it's public records, how are my taxes in comparison to my neighbors who moved in on the same date as I.
We moved in on Nov 2013.
Me and the said neighbor share a wall between our houses (Condominium).

So we I checked tax.ocgov.com I've found a significant differences in the amount due. My nightbors pay half of what I do for the same period  :eek:
The main difference I've found between our bills is the land value, I have it show 222K and they have 1K, which is also the main reason for the difference in dues.

Can anyone help my understand whether this is some kind of glitch or whether it make sense somehow?

Edit:
Check out the public records yourself at http://tax.ocgov.com/tcweb/search_page.asp, Try different house numbers on Gemstone, for example 117 Gemstone vs. 116 Gemstone.

Appreciate your help!

I've checked some more houses on my street and it seems completely random, some pay amounts smilar to mine and some pay half. How could it be that two house sharing simlar land size and properties would have such a difference?

ashimonovits said:
I've checked some more houses on my street and it seems completely random, some pay amounts smilar to mine and some pay half. How could it be that two house sharing simlar land size and properties would have such a difference?
Depending on the upgrades, the builder price of the phase/lot premium. (Just a guess)

The best way to find out, is to ask your neighbor.

ashimonovits said:
eyephone said:

I've talked with one of my neighbors but he didn't know why his bill is half, he was just glad it is... 8)

Did you go in details? (Compare: upgrades, lot premium, total purchase price?)

eyephone said:
ashimonovits said:
eyephone said:

I've talked with one of my neighbors but he didn't know why his bill is half, he was just glad it is... 8)

They have a different floor plan and their house is around 100 sqft. bigger, however, the land size should be the same since we are sharing the same lot, half is ours and half theirs.

ashimonovits said:
eyephone said:
ashimonovits said:
eyephone said:

They have a different floor plan and their house is around 100 sqft. bigger, however, the land size should be the same since we are sharing the same lot, half is ours and half theirs.

I just read your original post. A 200k land difference seems quite odd.

You should check all your neighbors tax bill.

Could be due to Prop 60/90 which allows the transfer of an existing Proposition 13 base year value from a former residence to a replacement residence

woodburyowner said:
Could be due to Prop 60/90 which allows the transfer of an existing Proposition 13 base year value from a former residence to a replacement residence

These are brand new properties, me and all my neighbors are the first owners.

ashimonovits said:
These are brand new properties, me and all my neighbors are the first owners.

It doesn't matter that they are new properties.  The transfer of the property tax basis works for resale/new construction.  Is your neighbor over 55?

Back