Local Murder Mystery. Watch Dateline NBC 10/24 8 p.m.

socal78

I'm a big fan of Dateline. I watch every episode. Tomorrow night, Friday, October 24, will feature a local story about a missing woman from Orange, Maribel Ramos. The investigation will go to Peters Canyon Trail in Tustin Ranch and Santiago / Silverado Canyon area to find the body.

Watch this preview clip. You can see Irvine, Whiting Ranch, Tustin Ranch in it. I saw my street on the map in the TV commercials they aired this week.

"Mystery in Orange County":
http://www.nbcnews.com/dateline/sneak-peek-mystery-orange-county-n231846

The episode is halfway through. Anyone else viewing it tonight? I'm going to start playing my recording in a little bit and skip past all the commercials.

SoCal said:
The episode is halfway through. Anyone else viewing it tonight? I'm going to start playing my recording in a little bit and skip past all the commercials.
Yeah I watched it thanks to your post.  Your post  had mentioned Peters Canyon Trail and recently we have started hiking in that area and that is what piqued my interest.  Intriguing but sad story.  On another note OC looked great, it is a privilege to live here

Interesting story. Surprised it was only an hour long, though. Dateline is normally 2 hours.

This dude was so arrogant. Thought he was two steps ahead of police & could get away with murder. I really felt bad for this lady. It was heartbreaking see her "walk" in the posthumous graduation ceremony at Cal State Fullerton with her family carrying that large portrait of her. I wish she would have made another choice rather than sleeping in the apartment that night.

For anyone who didn't watch, he ended up dumping her body in Santiago Canyon, a few miles away from Peters Canyon Trail. The police nabbed him when he "revisited the scene of the crime" via Google maps by typing in Peters Canyon Trail then moving the screen over and zooming in to a tree alongside the road. They went there and found her.

Back